Chicago's secret West Side gun stash: Where firearms go to die

I'm sure they have an accurate inventory of everything in there and nothing has walked out.

Guns in Chicago - redeyechicago.com

For evidence of the scope of Chicago’s illegal gun problem, look no further than a nondescript warehouse on the city’s far West Side, not far from some of the city’s most violent neighborhoods. There, the Chicago Police Department has packed 80,000 illegal firearms into row after row of shelves, meticulously labeled and guarded by police officers who wait for the green light to destroy them

image_zpsb698e87e.jpg

What's 80 grand times , say : an average of 400 bucks ? $ 3200,000 .

Sell them. Use the money to save a child or some armored cars for the police ...

Still uncomfortable with the idea that there is such a thing as an illegal gun. I'd like to take them all home and make them legal.

...There, the Chicago Police Department has packed 80,000 illegal firearms into row after row of shelves, meticulously labeled and guarded by police officers who wait for the green light to destroy them .....

And thousands of employees at hundreds of legal businesses stand ready to make more

guns with oversized, rotary magazines and so much destructive power the National Firearms Act places them in the same category as grenades, mines and poison gas.

Anyone know what the tax stamp for poison gas costs?

Do I need to get my CLEO to sign off on it?

Are there any vendors that will ship VX, Sarin or Phosegene to this state? (don't post their names here... PM me).

That's property that belongs to the citizens. For them to destroy the guns instead of trying to find a legal way to get money for them is a breach of their fiduciary duty to their constituents.

Well done Chicago, well done. I hope your city burns to the ground.

How many years has it been since it last burned to the ground anyway?

More evidence that government types can't think for themselves. Reminds me of a story from a few years ago. The "authorities" in California were crushing import tuners that were found to have stolen engines. Instead of trying to return those engines to their rightful owners, and/or selling those cars for parts, or giving them to charity, the bankrupt California spent money to crush perfectly good cars.

I will never understand. And that's a good thing.

Grandpa in the picture isn't armed. I can't imagine this place having more security than a chain link fence with barbed wire, crappy security cameras and cipher locks/proximity cards.

IF SHTF, I'd just walk over to shelf 1D, and select something... well..... select ;)

Grandpa in the picture isn't armed. I can't imagine this place having more security than a chain link fence with barbed wire, crappy security cameras and cipher locks/proximity cards.

If you look on his right hip 330 ish you can see a holster protruding down below his belt. It looks like a std pancake holster.

Back
Top Bottom