• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicago Mayor Beetlejuice Lightfoot Blames Other States for Chicago's Gun Violence Program

Reptile

NES Member
Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Chicago’s high gun violence rates were a result of the city “being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “President Trump said he had a great talk with you and suggested that if he had his way, he would flood the city of Chicago with federal law enforcement. I want to play some sound from him and get your reaction. Take a listen.”

In a clip, Trump said, “We could solve it. If they invited us in, we’d go in with 50,000, 75,000 people. We would be able to solve it like you wouldn’t believe and quick. But they just don’t want to ask. Maybe for political reasons, but they don’t want to ask. It’s a disgrace.”

Tapper said, “What’s your response, madame mayor?”

Lightfoot said, “That’s classic Trump hyperbole. I sent him a letter on Monday outlining the very specific things that the federal government is unqualified to help with starting with common-sense gun control. The fact of the matter is our gun problem is related to the fact that we have too many illegal guns on the street. 60% of which, 60% of which come from states outside of Illinois. We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons. That is hurting cities like Chicago. That is the thing that if the president wanted to help and the other things I identified in my letter he could do today, tomorrow, but he is not really interested in helping in that way.”

The fact of the matter is our gun problem is related to the fact that we have too many illegal guns on the street. 60% of which, 60% of which come from states outside of Illinois. We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons. That is hurting cities like Chicago. That is the thing that if the president wanted to help and the other things I identified in my letter he could do today, tomorrow, but he is not really interested in helping in that way.”

And why isn't a lack of regulation hurting those other states worse than Illinois? Shouldn't the overflow gun violence drifting into Chicago be less than the violence in those unregulated Wild West states?

She knows the answer.

typical liberal rhetoric, she was repeating the anti-gun BS the other day of gun show loopholes and background checks the other day. Of course the lamestream media never challenges her nonsense and lies. BLACK LIES MATTER!.

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Chicago’s high gun violence rates were a result of the city “being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “President Trump said he had a great talk with you and suggested that if he had his way, he would flood the city of Chicago with federal law enforcement. I want to play some sound from him and get your reaction. Take a listen.”

In a clip, Trump said, “We could solve it. If they invited us in, we’d go in with 50,000, 75,000 people. We would be able to solve it like you wouldn’t believe and quick. But they just don’t want to ask. Maybe for political reasons, but they don’t want to ask. It’s a disgrace.”

Tapper said, “What’s your response, madame mayor?”

Lightfoot said, “That’s classic Trump hyperbole. I sent him a letter on Monday outlining the very specific things that the federal government is unqualified to help with starting with common-sense gun control. The fact of the matter is our gun problem is related to the fact that we have too many illegal guns on the street. 60% of which, 60% of which come from states outside of Illinois. We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons. That is hurting cities like Chicago. That is the thing that if the president wanted to help and the other things I identified in my letter he could do today, tomorrow, but he is not really interested in helping in that way.”

Background checks are a federal requirement under the Brady Act. If that liberal dipshit that passes for Chicago's mayor had done any research whatsoever, she would have known that.

And why isn't a lack of regulation hurting those other states worse than Illinois? Shouldn't the overflow gun violence drifting into Chicago be less than the violence in those unregulated Wild West states?

She knows the answer.

Well obviously if all the guns are going to Chicago then there aren't any left in those unregulated states so their crime rate will be lower...

I remember Rahm, before her, used to blame Indiana all the time for Chicago's murderers and I forget which Republican lawmaker said it but to paraphrase they said well if Indiana's gun laws are responsible for Chicago then how does Gary, IN not have twice the violence as Chicago? But sense doesn't make sense to Democrats

Outside Chicago the rest of Illinois is pretty peaceful.

Edit: Well I forgot about East St. Louis, but really the rest of the state has a handful of small dump cities that have murders in the single digits from gang on gang crime no different than MA.

no assault weapons ban. I'm sorry how does an assault weapons ban stop handguns? Do they even know what they are saying? They must have generic causes for all the problems they create.

"So lets see if its violence, pull tab A. Tab A reads, blame assault weapons. Ok sounds good, lets do that."

she's the poster girl for abortion, what a hideous person both physically and morally. Voters get what they deserve thou whether in Chicago, Baltimore, NYC, Seattle, Portland, etc.

Soooo...how does she explain that 'her' city has a higher murder rate than Indianapolis (a 3 hour drive)...which in comparison has basically 'Wild West' laws. This bitch blames Indiana for her lack of leadership, yet somehow our 'lawlessness' makes her major city worse than ours?

...the f***?!?!?!

Indianapolis is 'no prize' with regards to murder rate...but it's INCREDIBLY easy to buy a firearm here legally (the way it SHOULD be) to protect yourself. Is the price of freedom worth arming myself to the teeth every time I leave my house...ab-so-f***ing-lutely, it is.

Eventually I'll get a little farther away from the city (I'm less than 10 minutes from Lucas Oil Staduim), but for the time being I'm happy and safe in my neighborhood. Any intruder would be very unlucky, indeed.

1595791107496.png

In other Libberal fantasy news,
companies only pay women .70¢ on the dollar to do the same work,
yet strangely don't hire women exclusively,
even though it's a no-brainer way to save 30% on salaries.

In other Libberal fantasy news,
companies only pay women .70¢ on the dollar to do the same work,
yet strangely don't hire women exclusively,
even though it's a no-brainer way to save 30% on salaries.

I've never actually thought of that one. LOL. That's classic. Thank you for your contribution.

I'm shocked... shocked to hear a big-city liberal mayor duck the blame for violence in their city!
Everything is always someone else's fault. Same sh*t is going on here in Boston. Recent shootings (2 in one night in Dot) are being blamed on some mysterious "trauma" whatever the f*ck that means.
You could not pay me enough to ever visit Chicago.

Stop and frisk is the answer but they are afraid to do it. It is just a better thing to have death in the streets.

This is the Leftist caused violence that the Communists will bring to every city in America.

And the November elections shockingly showed the slim majority in this country are fine with it.......

This is the Leftist caused violence that the Communists will bring to every city in America.

And the November elections shockingly showed the slim majority in this country are fine with it.......
You are correct, it's about disarming us not violent black felons. Leftist ideology states mass incarceration is racist, and we must pay for all the innocent black men behind bars.

Back
Top Bottom