• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicago crime down

Regardless of political views, isn't it a good thing that murders are down? Some of you are almost making it like it is a game with a 'goal' of 500 murders for the year. That isn't a good thing......

So what's the down side to reducing the number of criminals, drug dealers, thugs, Welfare/EBT fraudsters and democrat voters ????

There are innocent victims in Chicago. A minority of murder victims, but too many.

Nothing, supposing I'm not making a massive stereotype.
Probably not.

The last study I saw on the topic, nearly half of all murder victims have cocaine metabolites in their bloodstream at the time of death. I thought this was odd, until a friend pointed out that it makes perfect sense "cocaine turns people into the kind of a**holes that other people want to murder".

WND said:
Of the victims of murder in Chicago from 2003 to 2011, an average of 77 percent had a prior arrest history, with a high of 79 percent of the 436 murdered in Chicago in 2010 having arrest histories.
. . .
Of the 400 (Chicago) murders in 2012, 223 were gunshot victims, 84 victims were stabbed to death, 43 died of blunt trauma and 11 died of asphyxiation. More of the 400 homicides occurred on a Saturday than any other day, followed by early Sunday morning. More occurred between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. than any other time. People were more likely to be killed outside than in. Nearly 70 percent of the (Chicago 2012 Homicide) victims had prior criminal arrests, the police said.

So don't do coke, don't get arrested, and your chance of being murdered, even in Chicago, drops to nearly zero.

There are innocent victims in Chicago. A minority of murder victims, but too many.
Probably not.

The last study I saw on the topic, nearly half of all murder victims have cocaine metabolites in their bloodstream at the time of death. I thought this was odd, until a friend pointed out that it makes perfect sense "cocaine turns people into the kind of a**holes that other people want to murder".

So don't do coke, don't get arrested, and your chance of being murdered, even in Chicago, drops to nearly zero.
No one seems to want to ask WHY Chicago has become the destination of choice for murders?

It seems it has become a drug cartel distribution hub for all the same reasons it is a "legit" distribution hub - location, location, location.

So, it should not be surprising that its crime rate so closely resembles that of Northen Mexico as it is becoming Northern Mexico.

Another win for the War on The Drugs...

No one seems to want to ask WHY Chicago has become the destination of choice for murders?
I don't think Chicago has become anything, it's more that most other "world class" American cities have taken significant steps to reduce their homicide problem, while Chicago has only stagnated.
2ajnbyf.jpg

The rate of homicides in Chicago has been declining faster than the actual count of homicides in Chicago; it's almost as if there's an expectation of one death per night on the S/SW side; a quota must be met. Could make a in interesting horror novel.

It seems it has become a drug cartel distribution hub for all the same reasons it is a "legit" distribution hub - location, location, location. So, it should not be surprising that its crime rate so closely resembles that of Northern Mexico as it is becoming Northern Mexico. Another win for the War on The Drugs...
From everything I know of Chicago's murder problem. Chicago's homicides tend to be related to street crime and "retail" sales, not "distribution". Chicago made some serious errors in addressing the problem of (mostly black) street gangs fighting over control of open air retail drug markets in the last few decades, plus there are serious deficiencies in policing, mostly due to politics. For various reasons, Chicago police are understaffed, not supported by the people or the government, and generally have poor morale.

Hispanics are under-represented in the population of murder victims, and (to a lesser extent) murderers.

Chicago is 28% Hispanic, 31% black. Chicago's murderers and murder victims are clearly racists.

I don't think Chicago has become anything, it's more that most other "world class" American cities have taken significant steps to reduce t
From everything I know of Chicago's murder problem. Chicago's homicides tend to be related to street crime and "retail" sales, not "distribution". Chicago made some serious errors in addressing the problem of (mostly black) street gangs fighting over control of open air retail drug markets in the last few decades, plus there are serious deficiencies in policing, mostly due to politics. For various reasons, Chicago police are understaffed, not supported by the people or the government, and generally have poor morale.

Hispanics are under-represented in the population of murder victims, and (to a lesser extent) murderers.

Chicago is 28% Hispanic, 31% black. Chicago's murderers and murder victims are clearly racists.
There have been a number of high profile arrests and stories about this.

Something HAS changed and it is the degree of infiltration of the cartels directly into Chicago...

Sorry, I don't have any links handy, but if/when I come across them I will throw them up. The rest of the country aged out and incarcerated the hell out of everyone causing problems in the 90's Chicago did that too, but into the vacuum (more recently) has come the cartels to use Chicago for the same things that legit business use it for - it is a central jumping off point to East and West...

Here, this 'll get you started:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...rug-cartels-running-chicagos-streets-n1723639

I am sure there are better sources, but some of them are referenced in there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...n-chicago-by-cartel-fueling-gang-murders.html

It seems media is quite late to the game in discussing this - of course no one wants to talk about actual problems or the consequences of poor immigration enforcement or NAFTA or the war on drugs more broadly, yada, yada...

Last edited:
The 2013 numbers have been tallied:

Total Murders in Chicago for 2013 = 448

Of the murder victims:

88.2% were male.

80.0% were black.

83.0% were shot.

Out of 1778 shootings, only 372 of the victims died, which is a piss-poor shot to kill ratio of just under 4:1 (23.3%)

These are the real numbers above^

This article shows the "doctored" numbers so Rahm and his leftist rumps swap can high-five each other and fool the sheep into believing they actually did something to lower the crime rate:

Good news from Chicago: Only 413 murdered Americans in 2013

Good news from Chicago: The catastrophic murder rate in the Democratic-controlled city was slightly less catastrophic in 2013 than in 2012.

Only 413 Americans were shot, stabbed or bludgeoned to death in the city, where all 50 aldermen are Democrats. Most of the victims in the blue-voting city were African-Americans or Hispanic, and very few were white.

Still, the city’s Democratic leaders cautiously cheered the deaths of the 413 Americans, more than one victim per day, which included one young woman who marched in President Barack Obama’s 2013 inauguration parade.
“We continue to make significant progress in reducing crime rates to historic levels, and gains are being made in all communities across Chicago,” said a statement from Democratic Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

The 413 murders are “good news for our children and families… [and] we will continue working until everyone enjoys the same sense of safety,” said Emmanuel, who worked as Obama’s first chief of staff.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/31/good-news-from-chicago-only-413-murdered-americans-this-year/

Chairman Emmanuel said:
The 413 murders are “good news for our children and families…
Er, what now? Even your doctored numbers represent a profound failure relative to pretty much every city in America and again compared to most first and even second world nations (even some third).

"Good news" indeed.

Chicago! The people you elected are leaving you for dead - wake up!

Chicago! The people you elected are leaving you for dead - wake up!
Politicians caring about black men being killed. Yeah, that'll be the day. At least this isn't NY, where the gangbangers would be let free to roam with the caveat that they must gun down more whites in order to avoid racial profiling.

Chicago has gotten off to a really slow start this year with only 5 murders so far.
However, Boston has two already, both since Marty Walsh took office on 1/6/14.
Since Chicago has over 5 times the population of Boston, that makes Bostons current murder rate per capita twice that of Chicago.

Don't worry when it gets warmer Chicago (AKA Chiraq) will catch up. They have had record cold temps!

After a slow start to the year, Chicago is getting back up to speed with 8 murders in the last 7 days.
(14 total for 2014)

They actually had 3 murder-free days already, January 2nd, and a two day streak on Jan 9-10.

I bet Rahms arm was tired from all the high-fiving he must have been doing at city hall and the CPD HQ.

After a slow start to the year, Chicago is getting back up to speed with 8 murders in the last 7 days.
(14 total for 2014)

They actually had 3 murder-free days already, January 2nd, and a two day streak on Jan 9-10.

I bet Rahms arm was tired from all the high-fiving he must have been doing at city hall and the CPD HQ.

Where are you getting your info from? Is there a website that tallies this info?

Chicago is now claiming the murder rate for January of 2014 was 50% lower than for January of 2013.

Police: Murders down 50 percent from January 2013

Chicago had half as many murders in January 2014 compared to the first month of 2013.

Police reported 20 killings in the month, which had 11 days of subzero temperature and was one of the coldest months in recent years.

“The superintendent has said weather is a factor, but its not the only factor,” said Chicago Police spokesman Adam Collins. “It neither causes nor prevents crime.”

That sentence makes no sense.
Either weather is a factor, or it's not a factor, it can't be both.
I believe it is a factor because sometimes it's just too damn cold to leave the house.

Overall, Chicago had 50 percent fewer killings than it did in January 2013, when 40 people were murdered; 47 percent fewer slayings than January 2012, when 38 people were killed; and a 29 percent decrease from January 2011, when 28 people were murdered, police said.

http://homicides.suntimes.com/2014/02/01/police-murders-down-50-percent-from-january-2013/

However, they're still fudging with the numbers because HeyJackass is reporting 24 homicides in January, which is 20% higher than what they're actually admitting to.

The permits have not been given out yet from what I understand.
Illinois started accepting resident applications less than a month ago.

"We're committed to meeting the statutory requirements of the issuance," Col. Mar Maton, ISP, said. "We're hoping we can do it much sooner than 90 days."
The first concealed carry licenses, state police say, are likely to be issued by the middle of January.
. . .
It's unclear how many people will apply for concealed carry licenses. One early estimate was 400,000.
There are currently 1.5 million FOID cardholders, so that's the upper bound on carry permits (a valid FOID is a prerequisite for a carry license in Illinois). They're required by statute to issue the FOID within 30 days, about a third of all applicants wait longer (currently the FOID delay is +2 months).

It's been ungodly cold there this winter. Once warmer weather comes, things will get right back on track.
I'm sure that once things thaw out, they'll find more bodies.

Back
Top Bottom