• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicage gun buyback on FOX

What a joke, as they have interviewed person after person bringing their guns in for a $75 gift card...these are not the piece of crap so called gang bangers that are killing people. These are regular schmoes turning in one gun or another for a quick buck...as they just said on TV this will do nothing to solve the problem in Chicago...what a joke! My .38 is sitting right next to me in case a real thug decides to come on in my home and say hello....what a joke!!

Is the Gift Card to Wal-Mart? Someone should hand him some POS, get the GC, then go to walmart and use it towards a gun...then send a thank you card to Mayor Daley with a pic of you and your new shotty they helped you buy..

I hope and pray that every one of them regrets the day that they ever heard the words "buy back".

How can a government entity "buy back" something it never owned?[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Why don't they call it what it really is a complete citizen screw job

99.999% of those people who sell those guns to the police would never be inclined to use them in the commission of a crime so their screwing is two fold, A. they lost the most effective and efficient means of self defense that they ever had, and B they got a pittance for it compared to what it was worth in most cases. There is no place you can buy a revolver or pistol for $75 bucks, new or used.....NO PLACE!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part was the "assault weapons" reference tossed around constantly, then the reporter duffus holds up a revolver like it's going to soil him or bite and says its a .357, what made Dirty Harry famous. Where do they find these rubes, WTF? One would thing in the news room it would be like; Bill don't you shoot clays with your brother on the weekends, why don't you cover this gun story. Not some prancing metro sexual that knows more about fabric selection than the subject matter. That being said the whole premise of a gun buy back is retarded to begin with, total waste of money.

i caught it later in the day, the lady on FOX said, "they looked as if they had been buried for years"

i.e. useless junk and best alternative was to take the gift card rather than scrap it.

An FFL should announce a gun buy program same day/time/place paying more than than the city. He takes the good stuff and sends the junk to city buyback program.

As usual, all guns turned in will be destroyed.

I can't help but wonder if there are real collector pieces included that will be destroyed.

I know most of it is junk, but you can't assume some kid hasn't ripped grampa off and taken his prized collector revolver, just to pick up $75.00.

Just took a look at all of the replies to this garbage and I am sitting here laughing to myself...I don't have a link to any of it because I saw it on my TV....sorry....The fruitcake sitting there making dirty harry references and calling every gun an assault weapon...or better yet...my favorite...an "automatic pistol"...haha...what a joke....what a gah' damn' joke...

It would be awesome to find a buy back and sit outside with a few hundred $ and buy some cool old guns. Im sure the people would rather sell the guns for the 75 in cash over getting a gift card any day.

Back
Top Bottom