• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chiappa X-caliber...any experiece with it?

MaxStravinsky

NES Member
This looks to me like it could be a good survival gun. I've never seen a Chiappa in real life. Anyone know anything about their reliability or quality?

X-CALIBER
Item Number: CF500.124
X -Caliber® is designed for use in any condition and with any ammunition available.
Originally designed with two calibers, a rifled .22 LR and a smooth bore .12 GA -, this rifle can fire up to 12 different calibers thanks to the 8 steel adapters supplied. In addition to the two original gauges, adapters allow you to shoot 8 pistol calibers ( .380 , 9 mm , .357Mag/.38SP , .40 S & W, .44 Mag, .45 ACP , .410/.45colt ) and two shotgun calibers (410 ga, 20ga), combining the flexibility of a shotgun and the power of a rifled gun.

http://chiappafirearms.com/products/163

This looks to me like it could be a good survival gun. I've never seen a Chiappa in real life. Anyone know anything about their reliability or quality?

X-CALIBER
Item Number: CF500.124
X -Caliber® is designed for use in any condition and with any ammunition available.
Originally designed with two calibers, a rifled .22 LR and a smooth bore .12 GA -, this rifle can fire up to 12 different calibers thanks to the 8 steel adapters supplied. In addition to the two original gauges, adapters allow you to shoot 8 pistol calibers ( .380 , 9 mm , .357Mag/.38SP , .40 S & W, .44 Mag, .45 ACP , .410/.45colt ) and two shotgun calibers (410 ga, 20ga), combining the flexibility of a shotgun and the power of a rifled gun.

http://chiappafirearms.com/products/163
I think the X-caliber is a really cool idea, but the reviews I've read have been very tepid. It's a better version of the M6 scout rifle, built without the stupid trigger bar. I've had a chance to handle and shoot a couple of the Little Badgers and I like them a lot. Probably not the greatest accuracy in the world, but they're fairly well made and would make awesome truck guns. I've got one on my short list of guns to buy in the near future.

I watched a review of one and I remember they had some issues with extracting the casings after firing. Reloading was pretty slow as a result.

Cool idea, but it seems like they get pistol accuracy out of a rifle platform... for 800 bucks I don't know if I'm in. Apparently you can use the adapters in any break action shotguns though, that seems like a better idea if you have one.

And sometimes they fire when you close the action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom