Chiappa Little Badger, thoughts?

I think your better off with a matched pair from Rossi. Go with .22 and 410 combo. I held them both and for the price, ergonomics, and capability the matched pair won.

I have the Little Badger and it makes me smile whenever I use it. The sights are very good, m1 carbine style (although plastic). I had to polish the action a little to make it break open smoothly, it was a little tight from the factory. But there's no getting around the fact it's just really fun to shoot.

The thing is neat. Never saw one before until now. If I had a little more disposable income I could see me buying one but I don't think it would be a cool range gun, if you owned a cabin up north I bet it would be a lot fun in the woods.

The thing is neat. Never saw one before until now. If I had a little more disposable income I could see me buying one but I don't think it would be a cool range gun, if you owned a cabin up north I bet it would be a lot fun in the woods.
I agree, i don't see myself bringing this to the range, but out in the woods, it would be sick. Its so simple and light, would make a good SHTF gun, although a 10/22 might be better.

Picked mine up last month, now I want to add the .22 Magnum model, just because

You're all missing the point of the Little Badger ([thread=238674]as seen in the other thread[/thread]). It's small, light, cheap ($170), highly modifiable, and comes with a threaded barrel.
2vvt9ns.jpg

So yes, great at my little "cabin up north". Single shot, so unlike a 10/22 it'll chamber pretty anything that looks like a .22 rimfire -- LR, short, long, you name it. If they come out with a second generation with improved rails, I'll get the .22 Magnum model also.

Last edited:
I have this little rifle. I personally love it, the regular badger comes O/U .22-.410. I plan on teaching my daughter with this. First saw it a a little store in NC. I think it's great, and you can't beat the price. Funny how you can shoot next to a guy with a $2000 rifle, and everyone's crowding around you wanting to know all about the little badger. If you get one, try to find the newer model, I guess they sell them with a little handle with storage to put fishing line, etc.. That attaches to rail. Also ammo retainer on stock doesn't hold ammo too well, you'll want a Velcro strap or similar to keep them on there. And won't fit in bag it comes with if you leave any attachments on it. Agree with post #5 re: stiff action.

Back
Top Bottom