CHESTER,VT GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND, OCTOBER 3RD & 4TH

Bendad97

Banned
Anyone going to this show? I have had some good luck there in the past with reloading stuff. It's the first weekend of bird season up here in NH, but my son & I may go if the weather is bad like they are predicting.

Was raining hard when I got up this AM, so we will be going bird hunting tomorow. Got to the show around 10AM, no line. Keep in mind that this is a VERY SMALL show. Guns were an OK mix; mostly over priced. Some ammo, nothing exotic, mostly overpriced. Did see some reasonable .223 & 9MM at a couple tables. .22LR was full retard as usual, did see some bargain bricks at only $70.00 per brick.[rolleyes] I bought some brass here and there, but it was slim pickings. I scored a "mystery bag" that had some headstamped .219 Zipper in it, we'll see how that cleans up. I never go out of my way to hit this show, but it's close to home so I tie it in to a trip to The Sporting & Hunting Depot in Charlestown, NH. Ray & his wife are good people; I've bought a few guns there, and occasionally some reloading stuff if I can turn it. They had some .22LR and weren't gouging on it - paid $6.95 for 100 Pack of Winchester. Spent the day with my son, and now that he is 17, it's great that he still likes to do stuff with the old man.

Was raining hard when I got up this AM, so we will be going bird hunting tomorow. Got to the show around 10AM, no line. Keep in mind that this is a VERY SMALL show. Guns were an OK mix; mostly over priced. Some ammo, nothing exotic, mostly overpriced. Did see some reasonable .223 & 9MM at a couple tables. .22LR was full retard as usual, did see some bargain bricks at only $70.00 per brick.[rolleyes] I bought some brass here and there, but it was slim pickings. I scored a "mystery bag" that had some headstamped .219 Zipper in it, we'll see how that cleans up. I never go out of my way to hit this show, but it's close to home so I tie it in to a trip to The Sporting & Hunting Depot in Charlestown, NH. Ray & his wife are good people; I've bought a few guns there, and occasionally some reloading stuff if I can turn it. They had some .22LR and weren't gouging on it - paid $6.95 for 100 Pack of Winchester. Spent the day with my son, and now that he is 17, it's great that he still likes to do stuff with the old man.

Pretty much my observations, too.

I went to the Chester VT show today 10/05/14

The show was small. I had trouble finding it as the address on net was not the place my GPS found.

Cost $7 to get in.

We wanted to go to VT anyway.

The show was small. I had trouble finding it as the address on net was not the place my GPS found.

Cost $7 to get in.

We wanted to go to VT anyway.

Did you take the time to go to Singletons Whiskey, Guns, and Ammo? My kinda place ;)
A little too much grocery and northcountry chic clothing, but fun none the less. About 10 miles north of the show in Chester.

Thanks for the tip on Singletons. Got any others in S. VT area?

The Alstead NH shop is usually open 7 days a week.

I don't spend much time there - My "vacation house" (good friends retirement house, that I visit three or five times a year) was near enough to drive so I made a combined trip.

Back
Top Bottom