• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cherry-Popping-Time, Atlantis does a rant....

Atlantis

NES Member
Okay folks, pretty sure I'm getting COVID so I decided to take a pre-emptive anti-viral in the form of some tequila.

Naturally, I am now fired up and ready to go. So here's the rub....

It is absolutely HORSE-S%#T that the Chief Of Police has power to jam up any LTC holder. It feels like a direct attack on my first amendment rights, and don't even get me started on 2A.

There is an issue going on in town, and it's very clearly a case of the COP having his feathers ruffled because certain parties did not kiss the ring.
Naturally our town government is busy deep throating the COP so whatever he says is gospel. In this particular situation they have ruled in favor of the COP, and their decision defies all logic and rational thought.

I REALLY want to write a letter to the editor in our local paper, and speak my peace. HOWEVER I would have to use my real name, and directly criticize the COP and the town. Mabye I'm being a coward but I am well aware how much power the COP has over LTC holders. Am I confident that I could withstand some harassments? Yeah probably. Do I want to give my local licensing authority a reason to jam me up on some BS charge I have to fight in court or remove my rights (LTC)? No I do not.

I know this is a pretty weak rant and I can't spill the details because I don't want to dox myself or this situation. I'm just saying, what the eff happened to being free. I don't feel free. I feel like I exist at the blessing of the state. /Endrant

Fishfinder, is that you?

Never heard of her

If you don’t fight now, it will just get harder to, later. If you can at all.

My LTC is good to go. This issue is much bigger than me. I am just pissed that as an LTC holder my ability to speak my mind publicly comes with the risk of repercussions from the long dick of the law.

There is an issue going on in town, and it's very clearly a case of the COP having his feathers ruffled because certain parties did not kiss the ring.
Naturally our town government is busy deep throating the COP so whatever he says is gospel. In this particular situation they have ruled in favor of the COP, and their decision defies all logic and rational thought.
Don't tell us some guy somewhere has a problem.
Tell Comm2A what the guy's problem is.
At least, they'll probably refer you (him) to competent counsel.
Maybe they'll even pick up the tab if it's a clear winner, with legs.

Don't tell us some guy somewhere has a problem.
Tell Comm2A what the guy's problem is.
At least, they'll probably refer you (him) to competent counsel.
Maybe they'll even pick up the tab if it's a clear winner, with legs.

Sorry guys didn't realize it read so specific. The problem is basically town wide and the actual problem is not 2A related. I just want to bitch at them in the paper and inject a couple milligrams of logic into the conversation and if I do that I will be directly calling out the COP.

2A/LTC only enters the conversation here because I have one and the COP could very easily use it against me.

Okay folks, pretty sure I'm getting COVID so I decided to take a pre-emptive anti-viral in the form of some tequila.

It is absolutely HORSE-S%#T that the Chief Of Police has power to jam up any LTC holder. It feels like a direct attack on my first amendment rights, and don't even get me started on 2A.

I REALLY want to write a letter to the editor in our local paper, and speak my peace. HOWEVER I would have to use my real name, and directly criticize the COP and the town. Mabye I'm being a coward but I am well aware how much power the COP has over LTC holders. Am I confident that I could withstand some harassments? Yeah probably. Do I want to give my local licensing authority a reason to jam me up on some BS charge I have to fight in court or remove my rights (LTC)? No I do not.

I know this is a pretty weak rant and I can't spill the details because I don't want to dox myself or this situation. I'm just saying, what the eff happened to being free. I don't feel free. I feel like I exist at the blessing of the state. /Endrant
I thought I said something earlier about pushing 'send' when drinking?

I thought I said something earlier about pushing 'send' when drinking?

Where is the fun in that? In all seriousness I was writing a letter to the paper, and this thread IS me "not pushing send".

Thank you all for being my sounding board.

Lo siento senorita

At least tell us what town. Help narrow down what is going on.
No can do, believe it or not it would have the potential to dox me more than you'd expect

While you may be self-medicating with tequila, if the scale on the rant-o-meter registers by strength of drink, your rant is a Shirley Temple bordering on an O'Doul's.

What you need to do is find a non-LTC holder that lives in town that would let you use their name as your nom de plume (for you Antis monitoring the site from Moms Demand Action that's a name the writer uses to disguise their identity).

Maybe some relative, friend, co-worker or dead neighbor (hey, it works for the Donks every election!) that is of a similar mindset would let you use theirs?

Are you in Mansfield? There's a shit show going on right now with the CoP being paid for *not* working and the town is working overtime to keep everything under wraps.

If I still lived in MA, I would let you write the letter and I would submit it in my name!

Never heard of her

My LTC is good to go. This issue is much bigger than me. I am just pissed that as an LTC holder my ability to speak my mind publicly comes with the risk of repercussions from the long dick of the law.
I think I get what you mean.

Knowing that the COP had the power to screw you if he disagrees with your views makes it dangerous to complain publicly.

While you may be self-medicating with tequila, if the scale on the rant-o-meter registers by strength of drink, your rant is a Shirley Temple bordering on an O'Doul's.

What you need to do is find a non-LTC holder that lives in town that would let you use their name as your nom de plume (for you Antis monitoring the site from Moms Demand Action that's a name the writer uses to disguise their identity).

Maybe some relative, friend, co-worker or dead neighbor (hey, it works for the Donks every election!) that is of a similar mindset would let you use theirs?
Okay 1) Give me time, I'm still working on the whole "getting to my fighting weight" struggle so it takes me more liqour than I care to admit to get my Officer Lahey on.

2) You are a genius and I this is why the brain trust is so valuable.
Are you in Mansfield? There's a shit show going on right now with the CoP being paid for *not* working and the town is working overtime to keep everything under wraps.

That's a negative ghost rider. I am somewhere between Pittsfield and Provincetown.
3 Things:

1) Delete this thread

2) Call a lawyer

3) Call the police and have yourself SWATted

You're welcome.

1652145366900.png
If I still lived in MA, I would let you write the letter and I would submit it in my name!

Sky, your reputation precedes you and I am honored by the offer. I am debating going for an advertisement at this point in hopes I can pay for anonymity, but I think perhaps ghost writing for someone else may be the wiser move.
I think I get what you mean.

Knowing that the COP had the power to screw you if he disagrees with your views makes it dangerous to complain publicly.

Precisely. Especially when it's the COP that I am directly calling out for his petty BS

Sorry guys didn't realize it read so specific. The problem is basically town wide and the actual problem is not 2A related. I just want to bitch at them in the paper and inject a couple milligrams of logic into the conversation and if I do that I will be directly calling out the COP.

2A/LTC only enters the conversation here because I have one and the COP could very easily use it against me.
Pardon me for projecting.

If you'd written that in Penthouse Forum instead of NES,
the editors would have assumed that there was saltpeter contaminating the town water supply.

Well, maybe that is the actual veiled problem.
But carry on anyhow...

NES delivers.

Send it bro! If you’re worried about some pussy f***ing with your rights, then it’s not a right! Go balls deep, or not at all. If they f*** with your rights, send it. Full send.
[devil]

Rent a billboard and call out the CoP. Protected speech, it's out there and if he/she does something against you it's a win for you. Requisite IANAL and any advice is for entertainment purposes.

OP this kind of thing never happens, I mean I sat on the town's Public Safety committee and was constantly calling out the CoP on a number of issues and I'm sure that had nothing to do with my being unsuitable.......

just in case anyone didn't get it /sarc

The problem is basically town wide and the actual problem is not 2A related. I just want to bitch at them in the paper and inject a couple milligrams of logic into the conversation and if I do that I will be directly calling out the COP.

This applies to all of us. Suitability is a threat for us to "behave or else" just about everywhere in MA. My story is that I bitched one time in a sternly worded letter to the Town Manager about some proposed town expenditures. Next thing I know, the letter was forwarded to the CoP. Next, I got a sternly worded letter back from the CoP. WTF??? He felt that my complaint about the proposed expenditures would negatively affect his department... so (implied) shut up, or else. o_O

Crazy how that works. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom