Checking In

KMaurer

NES Member
Sorry, I missed the sign-in and just started posting away.

I guess I started shooting back in the dark ages. I grew up in California, not the people's republic (which I guess didn't really exist back then), but the part where we took our guns to school during deer season and left them in our lockers until after class. I spent a few years with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in the 60's, where we used a kind of reactive target -- they shot back at us, sometimes even before we did. Looking over the other bio's, I guess I'm one of that (in)famous singing group, "The Three Sergeants".

After I got promoted to Civilian, I ended up doing consulting work for DoD, and a few other government agencies. (Dan Ellsberg's office was 2 doors down the hall from mine when he copied what came to be known as "The Pentagon Papers".) I also taught college for a few years and somhow migrated to Massachusetts back in the 80's. I've spent most of my time here in higher education, and now work as a consultant.

I'm an NRA Instructor and Training Couselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, and Refuse To Be A Victim counselor. I'm the CRSO at the Westford Sportsmen's Club.

I've got a small assortment of recreational and educational tools, including a couple of 1911s, a Browning Hi-Power, a CZ-75, a Glock 27, a couple of S&W .357s and an M1-A (plus the stuff in the other safe). As a wise man once said, "Far more than I really need, but not nearly as much as I want." Among the items on my short list of things "wanted" are one of Frank White's Compass Lake service rifles (I'm thinking with a Krieger barrel), and something nice, custom built in .300 Win Mag (Since I haven't got the money yet, I'm still tweaking the design details). I also have a small fetish about putting Leupold glass on anything that's sufficiently accurate to deserve it. One day I plan on retiring someplace where one can appreciate accuracy.

Hah! Welcome, again, Ken. As long as we don't become the "three Stooges" we'll be alright. I need to get some insight on becoming NRA certified in instruction.

<right back at you> Hi, Lynne? Am I going to see you and Ed at he GOAL banquet this year? I missed last year's big sendoff for Mike. (Hunting & diving in Mexico, so don't feel too sorry for me.)

Ken

Ken,

Deena and I will be at the GOAL meeting/banquet, sitting at one of Braintree R&P tables.

Sorry to have to miss Derek's hi-power clinic, but priorities . . .

KMaurer said:
<right back at you> Hi, Lynne? Am I going to see you and Ed at he GOAL banquet this year? I missed last year's big sendoff for Mike. (Hunting & diving in Mexico, so don't feel too sorry for me.)

Ken

Well...if you're going to miss a banquet, it might as well be for a good reason like that. :) Ed and I won't be able to make it this year, but not because we'll be in Mexico. If my calender is right, I'll be wearing Confederate gray that weekend. :D

Back
Top Bottom