• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Check This Out!

Strategy & Tactics is a magazine of military history written principally by and for players of strategy games. While I don't play such games myself - no time - I do read it and several other military history magazines regularly.

One of the things I love in it is a small column called FYI. They carry a collection of interesting little nuggets of info, trivia, short articles, and so forth.

The current (Mar/April 2009) issue just arrived yesterday and I found the following nugget in it:

In the USA, a current hot topic among law enforcement officials engaged in investigating organized crime is the growing number of reports linking urban gangs to overseas terrorist organizations. If such links can be proved, the activities of those gangs may be classified as a "national security issue". With that done, a constitutional pathway will have been opened allowing for the use of the US armed forces against the gangs.

That's all they wrote. I have no idea what their source(s) might be, and whether this is true or false.

**IF** true, it raises a number of fascinating questions.

Might these gangs actually be a real threat, and might the use of the military be legitimately justified?

What's life going to be like for those of us legitimately armed if the military is conducting a domestic low grade conflict on American soil?

Would the moonbats actually stand still for this. (Seems highly unlikely to me.)

Might the Republicans actually push for this during the Obama presidency as a way of destabilizing him and causing the Democrats to lose next time around?

Questions, questions, questions . . .

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom