• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Check this out!

This was on Guns of Mass on Facebook. It wasn't me,

"so i went to tombstone trading post in brookfield for the 1st time today . when i went in there there was one customer being taken care of so i was looking around while the customer was being taken care of . as we were looking my wife found a wallet and we told the employee there . the employee went and grabbed it and put it away as it was the owners wallet .so we continued waiting there. soon as the customer left i went where there was a 2nd gen glock 23 for sale i wanrted to see it . i stood there 15 minutes waiting to see it not once did the employee girl there with red hair acknoledged me waiting there to see the fire arm . 5 more minutes passed and aanother customer walked in andshe helped him right then and there (hello im standing here wanting to see the glock 23 ) . so this guy had an issue on the shotgun he bought and she says ill see if the owner is here knowing hes in the back room.so he comes out talks with the guy then comes to help me so i am looking at the golock 23 and wanted to break it down to see the interals when the owner took it out of my hand put it away and walked back out back . so i guess this is how all people are treated when going to tombstone trading post . this is the last time i will ever step foot in your establishment and i was planning to pick that glock 23 up today ."

Last edited:
I have been buying guns from Tombstone for years since they first started when Dave still had the furniture store downstairs and gun shop upstairs. I have always been treated right and have even had them go out of the way to help me out on things that they didn't need to do. Not saying that some bad customer service didn't happen to this guy but I don't believe that is the norm. I have always found Tombstone to be top notch.

Lol so the guy stood there for 15 minutes and didn't ask for assistance?

I stop in Tombstone at least once every couple of weeks and have purchased a lot of firearms from them. I've never seen any poor customer service from them. I know the owner, red head and her father who gunsmiths for them. This scenario seems like an anomaly if at all true.

I was at Tombstone late Saturday afternoon to identify an old rifle. Jason and David were very helpful. I've had my LTC training through them earlier this year, which was excellent, and I've been to the store several times with no issues. I'm sorry someone had a bad experience but they've only been nice to me.

Something's a little fishy there. I think there's more to the story than what's posted. But that said, I've wandered around inside Tombstone on many occasions and it's not a place where they go out of their way to address you quickly. I happen to like wandering around and checking everything out unfettered and not pestered... but I could see where someone wanting and expecting quick attention might not appreciate the relaxed atmosphere.

I've been there also and Jason Art and Cassandra have always answered my questions and showed me what I want to see. They do let you wander around and probably rather it be that way than to hound you and watch over your shoulder.

I've never asked to break down a handgun so I can't comment on that but that is what I find a bit hard to believe.

"The owner took it out of my hand"? What in hell was it doing there in the first place? Made up story. Probably depressed. Jack.

It's funny, Dave (the owner) has asked me to show a customer how to field strip a 1911 while they were really busy with other customers.

The original story just doesn't add up. There's a reason Tombstone doesn't do social media.

excuse me, i believe you have my stapler.

i saw "glock 23" and already knew that the mute pansy who wrote the story already was exercising poor judgement.

if you want a glock fo-tay get the glock fo-tay in god's own caliber: 10mm.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Someone posted some BS on Faceplant? Welcome to the internet.

I belong to some of these groups on FB and it never ceases to amaze how stupid some people really are. I get aggravated and sometimes will call someone out.

I agree he should have spoken up, but taking the gun out of his hand when he was looking at it sounds strange unless he was handling it unsafely then it definitely should have been taken out of his hand.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Someone posted some BS on Faceplant? Welcome to the internet.

^this

I came in cuz it said "Check this out!" like it was going to be something worth reading and then it's just a crappy, poorly written negative review of a gun shop that the OP didn't even write....I'm still scratching my noggin trying to figure out what the point is.

- - - Updated - - -

wait........was she hot?

red hair. Doesn't matter if she's hot (hot for a ginger anyway, they don't occupy the same hotness scale), she's CRAZY. All redheaded women are CRAZY!

I can fully see this whole thing. They walk in....red head says "I'll be with you in a few minutes when I finish up with this customer". He said, "No problem, just browsing" Later, when the owner came out, the guy probably had a bad attitude because his feelings were hurt from the smoking red head (that he told he was just browsing) wasn't giving him flirty eyes. So he goes for a brand new Glock, and asks to field strip it, the owner decided to relieve him of the firearm before he hurt himself by pinching his little finger or punching himself in the face as his hand slips off the slide.

Back
Top Bottom