Cheaper than dirt price gouging!

How do you define price gouging, I don’t know ask Amazon and eBay who shut down sellers who are selling hand sanitizer.

RC

So all the people saying price gouging, will you sell me gold ou bought years ago at $100oz, or will you sell it for market rate ?

Stop being hypocrites.

Nobody's saying people should be selling ammo at $3/box because that's what it cost in 1969. Would you buy gold right now at $2600/oz because OMG IT'S HAPPENING?

If you turn to the six people holding out their G-Notes and say, "It goes to the first of you who offers $1,200," are you "guilty" of "price gouging?" And, for those inclined to answer in the affirmative, exactly how do you define "price gouging?"
It's price gouging when someone tries to sell you something at a higher than previously typical price. When you do it, the term is "market rate pricing".

If the power is out for an extended period of time, would you rather have generators available for $2K or not available at the normal $1K?

It's price gouging when someone tries to sell you something at a higher than previously typical price. When you do it, the term is "market rate pricing".

If the power is out for an extended period of time, would you rather have generators available for $2K or not available at the normal $1K?
People love to bitch about gouging, without realizing that high prices help with availability concerns.

I mean, CTD is probably the only vendor you could reliably order ammo from right now if I had to guess.

People love to bitch about gouging, without realizing that high prices help with availability concerns.

I mean, CTD is probably the only vendor you could reliably order ammo from right now if I had to guess.

Except TSUSA. And Brownell's. And probably Midway. Natchez? Midsouth??? Those were off the top of my head.

As I said above, it's not that CTD does this during crises. They do this ALL THE TIME. Their prices just blow. They aren't sitting around thinking about grand economic theory. They are trying to take advantage of a market. Bleep them.

People need to grow up. There's no such thing as price gouging. If CTD were selling the case for $200, I might buy it "just because" and add to my ridiculously big stockpile. If it's $800, then it's still available to they guy who REALLY needs it. It's not CTD's (and their goofy price algorithm's) fault that the desperate guy is unprepared.

"Price gouging" is such a childish and useless concept.

They gouge in good times and bad. They prey on the stupid. Is it legal? Yes. Should it be legal? YES! Is it moral??? No. Scum of the earth. They could reduce their prices and still make a profit. Probably get some goodwill going there too. Instead they F everyone.

Have you ever asked your boss for a salary reduction because you could earn less and still pay your bills?

They gouge in good times and bad. They prey on the stupid. Is it legal? Yes. Should it be legal? YES! Is it moral??? No. Scum of the earth. They could reduce their prices and still make a profit. Probably get some goodwill going there too. Instead they F everyone.
If I ran a mail order ammo company and was not constrained by law, my pricing would be "normal + $xx" with the "$xx" being donated to pro-gun orgs. It would keep availability up using the most effective rationing (price), without destroying me reputation in the business.

Except TSUSA. And Brownell's. And probably Midway. Natchez? Midsouth??? Those were off the top of my head.

As I said above, it's not that CTD does this during crises. They do this ALL THE TIME. Their prices just blow. They aren't sitting around thinking about grand economic theory. They are trying to take advantage of a market. Bleep them.
Oxymoron alert on the business name.

Tbh, until I saw OP's post, I completely forgot that cheaperthandirt.com was a thing.

It really just makes me laugh more than it could possibly piss me off. Probably more so because there's people out there who are actually willing to pay their retard prices.

Nobody's saying people should be selling ammo at $3/box because that's what it cost in 1969. Would you buy gold right now at $2600/oz because OMG IT'S HAPPENING?
He's saying it's worth what it's worth now. Supply and demand.....as long as some jack wad is willing to pay $800 for a case of blazer it's not gouging. Don't like the asking price don't buy it.

If stores had raised their prices to meet the demand, there would still be TP on the shelves.

Guy walks into a gun shop and asks for a box of 9mm. "That'll be $49.95," says the clerk.

"What? That's outrageous! Price gouging! The other guy sells it for $19.95!"

"Well, why didn't you buy it from him?"

"He doesn't have any!"

"Oh, he's definitely overcharging, then. When I don't have any, it's only $12.95."

Never noticed anything bad about opticsplanet, even during runs on stuff I find their prices are discounted and they tell you shipping times - I have ordered an upper, parts, etc that took 3 weeks to arrive but the price was right and they came through for me. Would rather be able to square an order away for when stock is available versus having to constantly check.
I've ordered prescription sunglasses from Optics Planet and never had a problem with an order. Their prices are fair and they seem to be one of the only ones that carry the AO sunglasses I wear with glass/polarized lenses.

Seems NES had a few whiners reporting "price gouging" in the NES Classifieds, to the Admin? To the point a Mod had to post a notice to stop reporting it?

Price gouging is an emotional term. Price gauging is a supply and demand term.

“price gouging” feeds right into the class warfare narrative.

all private companies are evil and bad and must be crushed and the weight of the state! Prefably taken over by the state.

any profit derived from selling anything is evil and bad and must be stopped!

i have asked all of the anti- price gouge people. To blank stares..

please put a number on what constitutes “gouging”? How much should a seller be “allowed” to make?

My only issue with price gouging is it preys on the retarded, who simply don't know better - ie in our situation a new gun owner unaware that a Taurus G2 is worth $250 on it's best day and not $700 or something.. but I question the concept of legislating it, especially in the information age where people can easily identify a fair price.

In the end stuff is worth what people are willing to pay and in the long run gouging gets remembered and its not good for business.

If the vendor sees the 30 cases left of 5.56 as the last they can get & sell for months I argue it is worth whatever they can get. Or the same for that 2000 gallons of gasoline.

I'm not sure I have ever bought anything from cheaper than dirt - just generally they are never the best deal.

Back
Top Bottom