Cheaper than dirt price gouging!

Cheaper Than Dirt is as bad as OpticsPlanet.
Both advertise product that they don't have in stock - and both gouge when the supply is down.

A box of 9mm should run somewhere between 9 and maybe 14 dollars. Occasionally you can find them for less, you should never pay more than that. 39.89 is INSANE.

If you're buying, go look harder.

At times like these I take some perverse pleasure in knowing everyone else will feel the pain I do buying ammo that already costs $5/round.

Never noticed anything bad about opticsplanet, even during runs on stuff I find their prices are discounted and they tell you shipping times - I have ordered an upper, parts, etc that took 3 weeks to arrive but the price was right and they came through for me. Would rather be able to square an order away for when stock is available versus having to constantly check.

Even when they aren't screwing their customer base, their prices are much higher than other online companies.

I haven't purchased anything from them for probably 20 years.

They spike their ammo process EVERY TIME there's a chance to rake in the $$

RC

WOW, that shouldn't be more than $169. + $16 shipping That was based on the SGAmmo price of their brass cased stuff.

Way to go CTD.

RC

Let's say ten years ago you bought a Dingus Model 37 for S150. Not sure why; you really didn't need or want it, and it's been sitting in the safe since.

Now all of a sudden everyone wants a Dingus Model 37. There are 10 people on your front porch looking to scarf up yours, and six of those people say they'll give you $1,000, cash, right now.

What does this mean? Amongst other things, it means your Dingus Model 37 has increased in fair market value to something equal to or more than $1,000. Are you legally obliged to sell it for $150? Is it morally objectionable (whatever that means) to accept one of those $1,000 offers?

If you turn to the six people holding out their G-Notes and say, "It goes to the first of you who offers $1,200," are you "guilty" of "price gouging?" And, for those inclined to answer in the affirmative, exactly how do you define "price gouging?"

Back
Top Bottom