• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cheap scope for rimfire

The scope arrived today. It looked like the picture withOUT the extra knurling turny-thing. Funny thing is, the picture on the paperwork inside was the one WITH the extra knurling turny-thing, which was NOT what was in the box. Anyhow, mounted it to the pellet gun for now, since that is propped up by the back door. Mounted up just fine, and plenty solid. Needs LOTS of adjustment though. I probably will NOT do those adjustments, because it is probably the pellet gun plastic base that is off, not so much the scope .
pellet drops fast ,

I was shooting at a fence post I always use as my standard check in target, which is maybe 15 yards away. I think it is shooting left.

For some reason, I have an extra Muller AVP new in box. $75?

I’m to lazy to deal with the classifieds (and the 50 PMs I will get offering me $30 for it).

But if anyone in this thread wants it, it’s still available.

I’m in North Andover. And this is a silver MAPV451440S
4.5-14x40AO

Not that it matters now, but I was just at the Walmart at 200 Otis St, Northborough picking up some clays, and I noticed that they had a few 511022's (boxed) and one 561022 (clam shell) in stock.

Not that it matters now, but I was just at the Walmart at 200 Otis St, Northborough picking up some clays, and I noticed that they had a few 511022's (boxed) and one 561022 (clam shell) in stock.

How much

Pretty decent scope. Just checked it in the low light, and it is very acceptable at dusk. Will try again in a few minutes. Wondering when it will peter out. Still haven't hit anything with it yet. Maybe I'll put it on the 10/22 and go to the range when it opens tomorrow afternoon.

Pretty decent scope. Just checked it in the low light, and it is very acceptable at dusk. Will try again in a few minutes. Wondering when it will peter out. Still haven't hit anything with it yet. Maybe I'll put it on the 10/22 and go to the range when it opens tomorrow afternoon.
recenter your turrets and give it a go.
How high does the scope center sit above the barrel bore center?

The box for the one I got says 511022. What is the difference? I might pick up another for the BB gun, just for fun.

So I finally got to the range today with my Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 mounted by the Leapers Accushot One Piece Mount on my Marlin 795.
20190606_162511_resized.jpg

This package weighs 5 lbs 8oz, which I really like. I have always liked the fact that the Marlin was light weight and wanted a light weight scope (this weighs 11.1 oz). I had originally thought to go with a fixed 4x scope but after trying some out decided that I wanted additional magnification and I am glad I did. I won't shoot this beyond 100 yds, and mainly at 60-75 yds but really like being able to go to 7x on those distances. Below is a pic of 4x and 7x looking towards an 8" steel target (to the right of the crosshairs).

4x
20190606_163544_resized.jpg

7x
20190606_163617_resized.jpg

The Leupold is bright, has the magnification I wanted and is lightweight so I am happy so far. I realize that it doesn't fit the "cheap scope for a rimfire" but I am the type to buy once, cry once. We will see how it holds zero as it get knocked around and such and am interested to see what I can get for groups with this set up.

I just picked up the Weaver Classic "ALUMINUM BASE PAIR MATTE" for the 10/22 at $6.97. Now I can take it off the BB gun and put it on the .22. Yes, that 7X is easier on the eyes for that distance for target shooting, but I figure the 4X is better than the 0X I have with the stock steel sights and my old eyes. Besides, most of my shooting, even at targets, will be under 100 yards, and even at 100, it is now 4 TIMES CLOSER than it was.

Back
Top Bottom