• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cheap HT batteries?

Turbocharged

NES Member
Anyone know of a cheap source for HT batteries? I have an Alinco DJ-180 and Relm WHs150 that need batteries, but I can't find anything for less than $40-$45.
Thanks

Yup, I know of them. They have the best price for the Relm WHS150 battery I need, but want $140 for an Alinco battery that I can get elsewhere for around $45 + shipping. And it's a nickel-cadmium! I want the nickel-metal hydride battery for my Alinco, but they want over $55 for it, and I can get it for $50 shipped online.

So they'll most likely get my business for the Relm battery, but they're way out of line on price for the Alinco.

Did you check eBay? I've picked up some batteries for my FT-60 for 18 bucks when everyone else wants over 30 for them. And they are Yaesu batteries...

I check on a regular basis, but all I see are the big ebay stores selling them for the same price as everyone else.

I also suggest visiting a local BatteryPlus store.

Fine a local shop here: www.batteriesplus.com

I walked into one with some old HT batteries. They disassembled them, and then rebuilt the internal cells and then reassembled the packs for less than half the cost of aftermarket packs.

I never knew that BatteriesPlus has an in store spot welder and can build custom packs. This also came in handy when I needed a two cell 2032 lithium battery pack to install in an older Kenwood radio so it would remember memory settings when the power was shut off. BatteriesPlus custom built this battery pack for me with the soldering tabs in the exact position they needed to be. This saved me trying to call Kenwood and order a battery that probably is not made anymore.

I have to say, I'm impressed with their service. They are my new favorite shop.

Note, if you use a laser on any of your guns and need a 1/3 N cell, they have these available in bulk for $2.50 each, as a comparison, Radio Shack sells this same cell for $10.00 (that's not a typo).

Last edited:
I also suggest visiting a local BatteryPlus store.

Fine a local shop here: www.batteriesplus.com

I walked into one with some old HT batteries. They disassembled them, and then rebuilt the internal cells and then reassembled the packs for less than half the cost of aftermarket packs.

I never knew that BatteriesPlus has an in store spot welder and can build custom packs. This also came in handy when I needed a two cell 2032 lithium battery pack to install in an older Kenwood radio so it would remember memory settings when the power was shut off. BatteriesPlus custom built this battery pack for me with the soldering tabs in the exact position they needed to be. This saved me trying to call Kenwood and order a battery that probably is not made anymore.

I have to say, I'm impressed with their service. They are my new favorite shop.

Note, if you use a laser on any of your guns and need a 1/3 N cell, they have these available in bulk for $2.50 each, as a comparison, Radio Shack sells this same cell for $10.00 (that's not a typo).

I don't need packs rebuilt unfortunately. I need whole new ones. I don't have a battery at all for the Relm, and the battery I have for the Alinco is pretty busted up. [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom