Cheap .45 acp

Who has a good price on a case of some mundane .45 acp--NE Mass? Just need 1000 rounds to get proficient on a new gun. Need something that has repeatable accuracy, but nothing special.

I was just at wally world, they had one box of CCI blazer! Which wally world actually HAS some ammo in stock around here?

i was getting Remington UMC in .40 and .45 for $14.99 / 50ct box (case price) until Dicks Sporting raised the price.

last time i checked:

Blazer CCI was $14.99 / 50ct box at Four Seasons

Independence was either $14.99 or $15.99 / 50ct box

good luck finding WWB at Walmart - i usually try the Framingham, Belingham and Danvers ones when I'm in those areas. [hmmm] No luck in the last 45 to 60 days. It seems there are elves with an "in" [laugh]

.45ACP Blazer Brass is 14.99/50 at the Wally's near me. They haven't had WWB or UMC for quite a while and when they did/do it is slightly more expensive. I buy and shoot whatever they have.

Still looking, but I did hook up with 500 rounds of remington at Dicks for $148.

which one?

i've been trolling thier adds online and was at the Saugus store last weekend. it's was $17.98 per box (case price).

do tell...

i'm down to 50 rounds of .45! [crying]

I went to Wal-Mart in Wareham the other day, they only had 4 50 count boxes of WWB, "personal protection" variety. I paid $30 for one [crying] just to get some lead down range with my new SW1911. It was AMAZING.

I'm gonna check out the Dick's and Wal-Mart in Plymouth next.

Blazer Brass is probably $15-16 a box at your local walmart.

If you can find a dealer that will give good case prices, Blazer AL is probably cheaper by a buck or so a box, but said "dealers" are often hard to find.

-Mike

good luck finding WWB at Walmart - i usually try the Framingham, Belingham and Danvers ones when I'm in those areas. [hmmm] No luck in the last 45 to 60 days. It seems there are elves with an "in" [laugh]

Jay, I think it's because the service sucks so bad at most Walmart SG counters, that while the gun owner is waiting the 20 minutes for the SG droid to show up with the special key, the gun owner thinks something like " Well, if its gonna take this long, then f*ck it, I'm gonna buy everything on the shelf....... " [laugh]

-Mike

which one?

i've been trolling thier adds online and was at the Saugus store last weekend. it's was $17.98 per box (case price).

do tell...

i'm down to 50 rounds of .45! [crying]

Well, I went to the Dicks in Danvers at Liberty Tree mall on Friday, and the case price had a steep discount over the per-box price. Can not find the sales receipt, but the case says 45 auto 230 G MC. The boxes say Remington UMC. The guy had to get it out of the back room.

I was at the Dicks in Worcester, and they had nothing. I think the one in Danvers has more warehouse space, so they stock more stuff for firearms.

I went to Wal-Mart in Wareham the other day, they only had 4 50 count boxes of WWB, "personal protection" variety. I paid $30 for one [crying] just to get some lead down range with my new SW1911. It was AMAZING.

I'm gonna check out the Dick's and Wal-Mart in Plymouth next.

I must've just beat you out at Wally's of Wareham. They had a few boxes of 100ct WWB FMJs a week or so ago, although one box came home with me. Problem is one of my mags hates the stuff.

I met Wicked Sharp at Dick's in Plymouth yesterday to hand over his Karma stove. Dick's was selling Rem UMC for 19.99 a box. I didn't check on quantity pricing. My next stop was Archer Arms in Carver, and he's sells Independance Ammo. Didn't check the price, but bought his last box of Fiocchi 200gr JHP for I think $24. Then on to Middleborogh Gun Shop. He had Magtech JHPs. I like the ammo, it seems real clean, but over $20 a box.[sad2]

Thru all my travels I have really been trying to find .38 Special, especially some JHPs for the 442. So far I've had to settle for the Independance FMJs, and an extra bottle of Hoppe's No 9.[thinking]

A couple months ago AFS in Attleborogh had a ton of Lussier & Belloit (sp?) FMJs going for around $17 a box. Too far for me to drive.

Well, I must have gotten a great deal, or a mistake in their bar code, at Dicks, 'cause I went back today to buy another case of 500 UMC .45 acp, and the price was back up to $19.90 - 10% per box in a case.

Last edited:
i usually buy ammo at the DSG is leominster, got some .45 at walmart in lunenburg yesterday afternoon, a guy i was at the range with said they had the WWB 100 packs but by the time i got there all they had was a 100 round pack of JHP UMCs. i bought 'em since i saved $4 on 100 rounds since DSG charges $19.99/50 rds for FMJ... they charge even more for JHP.

ammo

Biff I was wondering if any one did reload.I belong to the hopedale club and they have a reloading room.made 45 and 38 there for 30 yrs.cost about $20 per 1000,back then[before 2000] as we had moulds and made own bullets.
now I have lee turret 1000 for 45s and a green machine for 38s plus about 11 more presses.

Back
Top Bottom