• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charter boats

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Does anybody run one or know of a buddy that runs one?

I think it would be fun to get a group of guys together for a day of fishing this summer.

That, or Yankee Fleet type of thing. Maybe make special arrangements for some skeet shooting? ;-)

Field trip!

I don't want to seem like I am bashing but the Capt John is no longer the good fishing it use to be. We used to go all the time when I was younger, but the last few years I went (It has been 3 years since my last trip) all anyone catches is either the guys on the other side of the boat or Dogfish. They do far to much drift fishing and all that happens is that you catch a shark or because the boat is constantly moving your line or the guys on the other sides lines cross over and you get tangled with like four people. The last time I went we spent more time untangling than I did fishing.

Most of the charter type boats will only take 6 at a time. There are a few that can take more. I know there are a few on the cape that take up to 10 and there is at least one guy on the north shore that can do up to 16.

Depending on what you want and where you want to go, I may be able to set something up for a smaller group for a day trip out to Stellwagen or closer in for bass/blues.
I have to agree with Snowjoker, the party boat experience isn't what it used to be. Nothing against the Capt. John boats (my cousin [wink])

I just happen to have one; Handy

I just happen to have one; Handy.

She is 44 ft long, 11 1/2 wide and made from welded Aluminum. Custom Made for the US National Park service so she is built to mil.spec.

Located at Camp Ellis in Saco, Maine only 30 miles noth of the NH border.

Right now she is on here trailer in the yard but as soon as Springtime arrives I could use help geting her in the water if anyone is up for it.

How about Northeastshooters sponsoring a trip?

email me [smile]

Capt Walt

lucy1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm up for bluefishing... they taste terrible but they put up a hell of a fight.

And I want an excuse to try some new recipes anyway... [smile]

Back
Top Bottom