Charlotte-area class teaches kids as young as six how to use guns

mikeyp

NES Member
Someone's doing it right. But "omgz da childrenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

By Amanda Foster | May 20, 2019 at 11:03 PM EDT - Updated May 21 at 1:24 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Nine-year-old Aiden Roberts is a graduate from a gun safety class near Mint Hill - tailored to kids like him.

“There was no other class like this,” Michael Pegram of Echo Firearm Training says. “So, I decided to come up with it.”

There, the children spend four hours, both in classroom time, and shooting.

“It’s the parents’ choice of what their kids should be around,” Pegram says. “I’m just offering a class to let them learn to be safe, if they’re going to be around them.”

They work from a Nerf gun, Pegram says, to a .22, or nine-millimeter.

Some students are as young as six, he says.

Someone's doing it right. But "omgz da childrenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

By Amanda Foster | May 20, 2019 at 11:03 PM EDT - Updated May 21 at 1:24 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Nine-year-old Aiden Roberts is a graduate from a gun safety class near Mint Hill - tailored to kids like him.

“There was no other class like this,” Michael Pegram of Echo Firearm Training says. “So, I decided to come up with it.”

There, the children spend four hours, both in classroom time, and shooting.

“It’s the parents’ choice of what their kids should be around,” Pegram says. “I’m just offering a class to let them learn to be safe, if they’re going to be around them.”

They work from a Nerf gun, Pegram says, to a .22, or nine-millimeter.

Some students are as young as six, he says.
Fidel Castro had them beat by decades. Cuba's "Maximum Leader" established a program back in the 1960s that required schoolchildren to be able to field strip, clean and reassemble a selective-fire AK47 assault rifle while blindfolded.

Maybe I’m old fashion, but I don’t think schools should be teaching anything outside basics and leave the parenting to parents (scary concept for 90% of the population I know)

I think it’s great that the teach this but only because it lines up with what I teach my kids outside of school, I’d be upset if it didn’t line up with my values.

Not sure if that make sense? To much gin for a Thursday for me....

Maybe I’m old fashion, but I don’t think schools should be teaching anything outside basics and leave the parenting to parents (scary concept for 90% of the population I know)

I think it’s great that the teach this but only because it lines up with what I teach my kids outside of school, I’d be upset if it didn’t line up with my values.

Not sure if that make sense? To much gin for a Thursday for me....

I think this is a private class that you could sign your kid up for if you were so inclined. Not being required, or even offered, in a school.

Back
Top Bottom