• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charlie Funk

I was looking into the IDPA matches at the Pelham Rod & Gun Club, and a few old friends came to mind - Ted Hunt and Charlie Funk.

I met them at the 1980 Bianchi Cup in Columbia, MO, and they said they shot at Pelham in NH.

Some friends of mine in VT just told me that they had heard that Charlie Funk had died recently.

Does anyone here know Charlie, and why he died so young?

I did several searches online, and nothing came up.

Thank you.

Charlie Funk came down with cancer (I think it was Hodgkins) which was the cause of his death. Ted Hunt is still up in NH and surfaced at a match at Harvard last year.

Charlie Funk came down with cancer (I think it was Hodgkins) which was the cause of his death. Ted Hunt is still up in NH and surfaced at a match at Harvard last year.

Thanks for the info. Do you recall where and when he died?

The Social Security Death Index lists Charles S Funk DOB 3/22/50 as having died on 2/13/03 with a last residence in Pelham, NH. That was his home town at the end, and the timing seems right from my memory, so I think it's him.

The Social Security Death Index lists Charles S Funk DOB 3/22/50 as having died on 2/13/03 with a last residence in Pelham, NH. That was his home town at the end, and the timing seems right from my memory, so I think it's him.

Thank you!

I remember Charlie.

Charlie Funk was the USPSA Northeast section coordinator when I first started shooting IPSC/USPSA matches about ten years ago. He had been in the sport for a long time and I believe he wrote the first computer scoring program for the sport. (EZ-score)
Charlie was a good shooter (If a little opinionated) and was a wealth of information pertaining to action shooting. He and Ted pretty much ran the matches at Pelham when I first started.

RIP.

He also wrote the second scoring program for the sport - EzWinScore - a program that (with updates) survives to this day.

FYI I'm still around. Occasionaly up at Pelham, but now a member of Woburn Sportsmen.

Charlie as mentioned passed away from cancer, at home in pelham.

Back
Top Bottom