• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charges dismissed against white couple that drew gun on Black mother, teen in parking lot dispute

If I recall correctly. The defendant was exiting the restaurant with takeout food. The other two did the I aint moving thing. When she bumped in the person. They used that as an excuse to start yelling. Followed the woman to her van. wouldn't let her leave. Which is detaining someone without her consent. Since, at that time. People had been getting attacked in their cars, beaten or killed. It is no wonder she was afraid. If it wasn't for the firearm. I do think it would have ended badly for the defendant.

I am sure that was their plan. Then, the two could claim victimhood and blame whitey for the beat down. Because we know black people can't be racist....
Really. A man and a woman intimidated by a woman and a girl. I have never been intimidated by a woman, but you apparently have.

Really. A man and a woman intimidated by a woman and a girl. I have never been intimidated by a woman, but you apparently have.
You are using sarcasm, right? Having to fight someone who you will be vilified for touching. They are CPL holders, so I am sure they have seen what has happened to people. Then, trying to stop the van. Yea, I am sure you would have just curb stomped the attackers.

I have watched someone run a red light. Smash into a old white guy in a pickup. Then, get out and assault said white guy. But, I am sure the old guy shouldn't be scared of the young black guy beating and pounding either. Detroit is still wonderful

You are using sarcasm, right? Having to fight someone who you will be vilified for touching. They are CPL holders, so I am sure they have seen what has happened to people. Then, trying to stop the van. Yea, I am sure you would have just curb stomped the attackers.

I have watched someone run a red light. Smash into a old white guy in a pickup. Then, get out and assault said white guy. But, I am sure the old guy shouldn't be scared of the young black guy beating and pounding either. Detroit is still wonderful
So the white couple were concerned about being vilified for touching a black person, and decided the better look was to be caught on camera pointing a gun at them? They should have stayed in their car and called the police and let them handle it. Had they done so, they would not have been arrested. To me, this is not a situation where a gun should have been drawn.

"...they tried to back up and leave - but the car's automatic braking system suddenly stopped - at least one of the women was banging on the car..."

Another downside to modern "safety" features that won't let you leave when you should.
Should be able to shut off these so called safety systems. Computer chips will never think like a real human.

I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Didn't mean to bump into you. Please accept my apology.

A 10 second investment in eating crow would have saved their jobs, an arrest on their records, costs associated with dealing with this, stress, public attack, etc.

Course, the better answer is to avoid angry, entitled people who can't walk away from an accidental bump without attacking and escalating. Both parties are at fault here.
I have an even better piece of advice. How about we just follow Scott Adams advice and stay the f*** away from that hate group.

Is it more important to be "right", or to walk away unscathed?

I've apologized for a lot of things I didn't do, start, or escalate. I don't care if the other person thinks they "won" the encounter, because I won the fight by not getting into one.
Sounds like a snowflake statement.
How many people you gunna let walk on you before you snap.

What I don't get is people feel JUSTIFIED in getting their thing these days. It is rampant. I see it all over. I have a saying, "Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be rich?" It's a business term. But it applies to everything. "I don't deserve that." Sure. Great. But, in the end, outside of your overly developed sense of pride being hurt, is it better to just move on or get your satisfaction?
Why does this remind me of the Pablo Escobar saying "Do you want the silver? Or do you want the lead?" [rofl]

There's a fine line that we have to find between being walked all over and snapping on a daily basis. The legal system we have nowadays guarantees that you'll be punished by the court of public opinion just for being accused of a crime. De escalation skills should be a tool in the toolbox if you're going to CCW.

time cost value

The TCV of standing around arguing with a dowanna while you wait for the cops to come or whatever is incredibly bad.

If I got accosted by some dowanna I'm going to do the thing that I perceive to cost me the least amount of time, becuase my time is more valuable than theirs is. If that means blowing some smoke up their ass for 3 seconds to make them feel good so I can disappear, then I'm going to do that, because I pretty much hate waiting around when I'm not getting paid for
it. Especially when the time and place are not chosen on my terms. (theres a difference between say, knowingly going to the airport to submit to that bullshit for an hour or more just to get on a plane, vs having your day interrupted by someone you dont give a shit about. )

Now someone will say "blah blah enabling shitty behavior" I get it. But the thing is I can't pick the next quickest option which is to just shoot them in the face and leave. [laugh] And I sure as hell am not going to waste my time getting into a parking lot argument with a retard if theres a possibility I can just defuse it and disappear.

So the white couple were concerned about being vilified for touching a black person, and decided the better look was to be caught on camera pointing a gun at them? They should have stayed in their car and called the police and let them handle it. Had they done so, they would not have been arrested. To me, this is not a situation where a gun should have been drawn.
you tend to not think as clearly when someone is keeping you from de-escalating by leaving while actively pushing your buttons

She did walk away. The race baiters then blocked her vehicle.

No she didn't. She engaged. The BEST thing you can do is put up your hand and walk away. Never say a word. That pisses them off more than engaging them. Because engaging makes them feel justified. Dismissing them? Ooof. You get to walk away, you don't get arrested, they don't even get a CHANCE to block you in AND you ruined their day. You should pull out of the parking spot, start to drive away and LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF!

I gotta say. It sounds racist.

Years ago - pre-Obama, I went to Roper's Ribs for a late lunch. They got super-top marks for St Louis BBQ. Me and my somewhat-clueless older brother went. We were the only white folk in probably 3-4 square miles. It's on the outskirts of a little hamlet of Missouri called Ferguson. Remember that place. It was run down. There were weeds in the streets. Hoopty-ass cars. I didn't feel unsafe. And the BBQ was great. Mrs. Roper was a riot to us two white boys. LOL

I've been to the Popeye's at Westgate Mall in Brockton a dozen or so times in the last 5 years. I love me some Popeye's. Do I feel unsafe? No. It's just working-class people tryin to get their chicken fix - just like me.

My point is - telling what's a "good" or "bad" area based on skin tone - that's racist. We aren't going to get any better as a nation until those that think they are persecuted grow up and stop acting persecuted AND when those white folk that decide to judge someone just on their skin color continue to judge people on their skin color.

No she didn't. She engaged. The BEST thing you can do is put up your hand and walk away. Never say a word. That pisses them off more than engaging them. Because engaging makes them feel justified. Dismissing them? Ooof. You get to walk away, you don't get arrested, they don't even get a CHANCE to block you in AND you ruined their day. You should pull out of the parking spot, start to drive away and LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF!
Not possible all the time. But, I always put it this way. Whether it is getting robbed or a confrontation. My legal fees will exceed 50K. Is it worth it. So, yes. If possible. Walk away, run or drive away. As long as you watch for an attack. Anything can be used as a justification to do so.

Some people aren’t actually interested in an apology. In this case, I don’t think it would have mattered how much she apologized, it wouldn’t have changed their actions.
Considering the daughter busted out her camera and immediately started recording, they were looking for escalation. They had a mission, and nothing the white lady said would have prevented the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom