Chaos Apollo rail for AKs. Full flat top

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Thanks for posting. I am well aware of Chaos products from researching stuff over the years for my Saiga 12, but didn't know they had a regular AK version in the works. My thoughts on it are that it is ALWAYS great to have companies supporting our hobby and offering as many options as possible. For me however, this seems like a solution in search of a problem. My M&M M10-762 came with a pretty decent rail that is less than a quarter of that size, but fits my needs perfectly by allowing a stable place to mount a RDS, as well as a light, or AFS if I want. I probably would receive an F at mall ninja school because I prefer to travel light, and keep my rifles the same way. Nothing that isn't absolutely necessary gets attached. Aesthetically, it is kind of cool in a tacticool way, but I HATE that big gaping hole at the front. I'm sure they will sell a ton of them though as the COD generation gets to the age to buy real guns so they can hang every possible gadget off the rails.

I agree about it being added weight. In its way it looks kinda cool, but I like the classic lines of the AK without a giant shroud over the barrel and gas tube. But more power to them. Some of their other products are great, and if this does well, who knows what else they'll come up with.

tumblr_mysybuqUVn1rwb76go1_500.png

What happens when you take it off to clean the rifle (for that once every 3 years cleaning every decent AK gets)?

Why do people like to create crap for the AK that can't hold a zero while cleaning? WTF...use the rifle the way it was intended, or get a 7.62 AR and all the airsoft parts you can handle.

Back
Top Bottom