• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Channel 5 WCVB mini rant

quincy

NES Member
Thank you WCVB for changing your MeTV line-up on 5.2. Do we really need another 10 o'clock news broadcast in that time slot? Now every Boston channel has news at 10 and I have to buy a bigger VHF high band antenna so I can get WMUR channel 9.2 MeTV from NH. I hate missing hogan's Heros weekdays at 10 and Svenghooli at 10 on Saturday nights. And I especially don't like Ed Harding. Pretty soon it will be 24/7 news on the air to see who can get the breaking news about Whitey playing with himself first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we have 25-1, 56-1, and 5-2.

Only TV I miss is the Bruins on 38. Oh and when and where do I find the 3 Stooges?

Only TV I miss is the Bruins on 38. Oh and when and where do I find the 3 Stooges?

Now add WMUR 9.2 to the 10pm news line-up. Now no MeTV from 10-11pm. Comcast picks up feed for 5.2 so no MeTV there. Not that I really care anymore. I get all my breaking news from NE Shooters.

Stooges on 38.1 Sunday mornings at 9am except when Patriots All Access is on. Good thing I have every Stooge short on my HD.

I wrote channel 5 and told them people want to see hogans heroes and svengalie and they said more people wanted to see the 10pm news and had been asking for it.
I told them that metv boston will go the way of tvland and no one will watch it.....then it will really be a memorable tv station.
I also told them the only reason I kept cable was for me tv and history 2..... now both are gone.
So I went out and bought one of those hd inside antennas....cancelled cable and now watch metv fallriver and get hogans heroes and svengulie... also like comet tv, the movie station and laff tv...... and all the local channels
SCREW THE CABLE COMPANY AND THE $200 BILL. I suggest everyone break ties with the cable company...try it
cable television $200 a month x 12 = $2400 in 10 years $24,000 FOR TV????????????

$200????? I quit when it was approaching $50. I think it was $13 when I started out, and went up to a crazy $26, when I started minding.

I opted out in the sense that the only cable tv i buy is through a TV set at a private club, which when broken down costs me about $3 a month.. i refuse to pay stupid money for TV.

Back
Top Bottom