Changing Remington 700 Floor Plate/ Trigger Gaurd

I am just wondering if anyone here has changed out the bottom metal on a Remington 700 from a hinged or fixed floor plate to magazine fed? I recently purchased a Remington 700 LTR over a Savage 10PC. The only feature on the Savage that was a real plus to me was being magazine fed. So I started looking around to see what I could do about it and found out that while it isn't cheep to do and isn't something I am going to do right away at some point I would like to. I plan on having this rifle for a very long time. Any input as to pros and cons as well as manufacturers would be greatly appreciated.

I've been wanting to do the same thing, and I have been looking at the Accuracy International AICS kit. I think it's about $700 for the stage I, and includes 1 5 round mag.

I'm to understand that the M700 needs a center-feed style mags to function properly. There's a guy out there who converted his M700 to feed M1A mags, but it's tricky to modify your bottom metal and the mags need to be modified. Good luck.

I had seen a few different options by a few different manufacturers and know it will not be cheep and was looking for some insight from anyone who may have converted theirs.

Thanks whatluck, after spending that kind of money for the bottom metal I don't know if I would have the balls to try and modify it for the M1A mags for fear of screwing something up. If you decide to do something to yours (whatluck) I would love to see some pics/ details of what you do. where you get the parts etc. if you don't mind of course.

I have been drooling over those for a long time. Even before I bought my current rifle but I need to invest in some better glass before I go that crazy.

Back
Top Bottom