• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changing drivers license over to New Hampshire. Can I purchase with the paper NH temp

Can I buy firearms with the paper New Hampshire temp license? I moved to NH, but don't have a MA-LTC. However, it's to my understanding, with a New Hampshire driver's license, as long as you're not a convicted felon, you can purchase firearms.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can. I bought my first gun with my paper temporary license.

Yes you can. I bought my first gun with my paper temporary license.

Okay, great to know. Thank you. I usually shop at Dick's Sporting Goods, but large chain retailers can be finicky with things, hopefully they don't give me too much trouble.

Support local shops. Large retailers do you no favors

I definitely generally do. Financially, I'm mostly looking for a decent price, due to some expenses that just came up. Could you recommend some good local shops, with prices comparable to Dick's? I live in the Plaistow area.

I've found that most local shops have better prices than the big chains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely generally do. Financially, I'm mostly looking for a decent price, due to some expenses that just came up. Could you recommend some good local shops, with prices comparable to Dick's? I live in the Plaistow area.

What are you looking for? Check out Next Level in Salem, NH along with Hammer Firearms in Pelham when you get a chance. Both of those are within a ~10 minute drive from where I live. Next Level is closer to you... Good shop to check out.

Last edited:

Stateline guns and Wizards come to mind. I haven't been in Wizards yet though, only driven past it. There is another one on 125 I have seen, but forget the name.

Vizards sucks.....they have a limited selection and will tell you they can get you whatever you want.....small shop and every time I've been in there it seems like I'm bothering the guy that is working

I've always had good luck with state line....it's right up the street from vizards

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Okay, great to know. Thank you. I usually shop at Dick's Sporting Goods, but large chain retailers can be finicky with things, hopefully they don't give me too much trouble.

Don't be a dick and shop at Dick's. Better deals at smaller shops most times and you support a local business

Have you tried Ststeline Guns and Archery? Being a small outfit they can't always have the lowest price but Gene is a good dude who will make sure you are happy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vizards sucks.....they have a limited selection and will tell you they can get you whatever you want.....small shop and every time I've been in there it seems like I'm bothering the guy that is working

I've always had good luck with state line....it's right up the street from vizards

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I agree that the service at Vizards is terrible and that they have a pitiful selection in their tiny little shop. That said, however, I have had pretty good experience ordering from their online store and scheduling an in-person pickup. When you find things on sale, their prices are good. You just have to wait until it arrives and deal with their bad attitude for the 10 minutes it takes to go through the NICS check.

ETA: I also bought many, many guns in NH with my paper temporary license.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom