• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changing dominant eye

MG2112

NES Member
All

I have suffered from bad vision all my life - genetics. Had LASIK surgery in April 2011. Both peepers work fine.
I noticed that my left eye is a bit sharper. While at the range recently I overheard a conversation about shooters
covering one eye while shooting.

I decided to try that. I took a pair of shooting glasses and spray painted the right eye (my dominant but weaker
eye) so I was only using my left eye. I am unable to shut my right eye only . I can shut my left eye only.

The improvement was remarkable. I have never left the range with such confidence. Most of my targets had mostly
a ragged hole. Couple questions.

1. Does anyone have a website or vendor that has one eye shooting glasses?
2. Stay with what I have or have a Lasik correction?

Thanks

You should be able to ask your optician to make shooting glasses with 1 corrective lens.

I second the dot stickers, they'll make a world of difference if you're shooting a shotgun. If you can't find them, a piece of translucent scotch tape in the middle of the lens is a less elegant, but still effective, solution.

I second the dot stickers, they'll make a world of difference if you're shooting a shotgun. If you can't find them, a piece of translucent scotch tape in the middle of the lens is a less elegant, but still effective, solution.

I'd go with the tape just because I'm cheap. [laugh]

I'm cross-eye dominant as well... but I still shoot rifles right-handed (using my non-dominant eye). I know the "best" thing would be to adjust myself to shoot left-handed, but I just can't do it! Maybe I need two pairs of shooting glasses and scotch tape!

- HP

Back
Top Bottom