Change of address

So i had moved from one house to another in the same town , and i had mailed in my paper work addressing the moved to boston ( certified) and i know they got it , and i brought the other one down to the local PD for the chief , but that was like 3-4 weeks ago. Is something suppose to happen ? do i get a address change sticker or something ?

Any licensee shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority who issued said license, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the licensee moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of said license.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131

Sounds like law says they have to be sent certified.

Hand carrying the letter in does NOT meet the legal requirements. Suggest you do it right to avoid consequences later.

Did mine through certified mail, kept the slip from the PO as proof, never received anything saying they received it. About 2 yrs later renewed in my new town, and everything went fine. Recently also sent in a FA-10 form from a recent transaction. Once again never got anything back in the mail. I figured I wouldn't either. Have to admit it would be nice to have gotten a response both times for piece of mind.

that's just the way it is. send a certified letter and keep the stub. it's like the ron popeil oven. set it and forget it.

+1 to that. Dont send it through USPS, half the time they lose those little green papers.

Also, when you call, if they tell you they never received it, tell them you sent it certified. Somehow, whenever you say that (even if its not true), they look just a little harder and they find the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom