Change of address in MA

So, I filled out the forms for change of address. Question is do they send me a new card?
I don't see a place on the card to write in your new address as there is on our drivers lic.
Tnx
Tony

So, I filled out the forms for change of address. Question is do they send me a new card?
I don't see a place on the card to write in your new address as there is on our drivers lic.
Tnx
Tony
Negative. You don't need a new card. Just send in the CoA to local PD and FRB by CERTIFIED MAIL so that you get proof they've received it, and you're G2G.

Negative. You don't need a new card. Just send in the CoA to local PD and FRB by CERTIFIED MAIL so that you get proof they've received it, and you're G2G.
PD that issued the LTC, new PD and FRB.

No but I suggest putting a printed label with new address as some dealers may deny you otherwise due to their stupidity.

PD that issued the LTC, new PD and FRB.

No but I suggest putting a printed label with new address as some dealers may deny you otherwise due to their stupidity.
Thats what I did. When I chagned my drivers license address too, they sent me two stickers with my new address. I slapped one on my LTC. Only 'the rat" had a f***ing problem with it.

if moving from a town that did not issue the license originally(ie moved from licensing town to another town, then moved to a third town) is one required to inform the second(non issuing) town?

if moving from a town that did not issue the license originally(ie moved from licensing town to another town, then moved to a third town) is one required to inform the second(non issuing) town?

No. Three letters are all you need. One to the issuing town, one to the new town, and the third to the FRB.

And the original issuing town continues to "own" your LTC until it is time to renew.

I actually wound up with a new card because my issuing town was one of those "we don't issue an unrestricted LTC right away" jurisdictions. So I waited a couple more months and got an upgraded permission slip at my 1-year mark. It had my new address, but the issuing authority is still the original PD.

Back
Top Bottom