Change of address how long to wait before I can purchase a gun?

I am moving within the same town (Malden). Sending my change of address form today, but does anyone know how long I would have to wait before I can purchase a new gun? The address change form is for my license to carry. Does the gun shop care? When they run my info, will it show my address? I just don't want to buy a gun only to find out it was registered to the old address because it was not updated in the system yet, and then I have to deal with more paperwork.

I'm 99% sure this is a non issue. Just make sure you notified timely so your license stays in good standing, then go buy what you want. The shop shouldn't care that you moved in town. Don't forget your PIN

Your fine to purchase. Just have your PIN with you. You can check it online to see if the change has gone through if you like too.

I would put sticky labels with the new address on the back of your LTC and DL. Shouldn't be any issues but I've heard of a few dealers that balk if the address on LTC doesn't match what MIRCS tells them, thus the sticky should prevent that (dumb but may work).

May be I make a cooy of the address change letter and bring with me to the gun shop too. So they don't update your firearms' license with the new address?

just throwing it out there...if you knew you were buying a new gun, why did you wait until the address changed? now you're stuck in that vicious overthinking maze until the new ltc comes in. hey, just sayn'.

just throwing it out there...if you knew you were buying a new gun, why did you wait until the address changed? now you're stuck in that vicious overthinking maze until the new ltc comes in. hey, just sayn'.
Except, you don't get a new LTC when you change your address...

I wouldn't change it over the phone - most of us send the letters certified

One of the very first things I learned in regards to the LTC sh*t, in this sh*t state (learned from a long time gun owner and now long time NESer) is to never ever ever give the as*holes any "ammunition" against you if you can avoid it...like giving them the chance to say "Huh? Address change? You never sent anything to us...Phone call? Who'd you speak to??" etc etc

Back
Top Bottom