• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chances

expedition03

NES Member
Hey everyone, was wondering if people think

1. New Glocks EVER be allowed to be sold by dealers legit
2. AR ban deal of Healy shit be overturned

Will it happen with a new AG or courts fix this, I'm tired of 2500 prehealy stuff worth 700

1.) No. Because FFLs value complying with the handgun roster over losing their license.
2.) There is no "Healy ban". She made a notice, not a law, and FFLs value keeping their license over the slight chance of losing it.

giphy.gif

I think most here just buy what they want and don't worry about it. Network with others, then you won't be that guy who pays $400 for an Anderson lower.

with private transfer glocks in mass, the market has settled somewhat. long gone are the days of 25-30 year old glocks bringing 700-800 dollars. i point you to carls glock wall of shame of several years ago where you could get an antique, tired pistol for top dollar. now, i see many gen 3's & 4's in like new condition here in the classifieds from 525 to 600. i once bought a gen 2.5 g27 that i didn't need for $239 out of arkansas so i could shove it in the face of mass dealers selling them for $675. talk about cutting your nose off to spite my face. lol

Several Glocks are now on the approved EOPS roster. Why wouldn’t FFLs start selling them?

The pre-Healy AR crap will end when she’s voted out.

I can’t see her getting elected to the corner office. She too far left, even by Massachusetts’ standards for governorship.

Several Glocks are now on the approved EOPS roster. Why wouldn’t FFLs start selling them?

There's two rosters, the statutory one by EOPSS, which is *IN LAW*.

Then there's the AG's "consumer protections" regulations that prevent the sale of lots of stuff because reasons.

A gun has to be "OK" on *both* those before a dealer can sell it.

Glocks are *not* on the AG's "OK" list.

Will it happen with a new AG or courts fix this, I'm tired of 2500 prehealy stuff worth 700
1. Who cares? You can very easily get "new Glocks" and any other offlist gun in this state.
2. Not a ban just a press release/enforcement notice. Still can get post 7/20/16 AR's in this state and not pay $2500+ But it takes a little more work.

I agree with Andrew1220. Glocks and AR's can be had for semi-reasonable pricing if you do the leg work. The insane priced versions are for those who have no patience (and/or extremely deep pockets). What we need is to import Judge Roger Benitez to MA so that he can rule that the "over 10rd magazine" ban unconstitutional so we can have our own freedom week.

There's two rosters, the statutory one by EOPSS, which is *IN LAW*.

Then there's the AG's "consumer protections" regulations that prevent the sale of lots of stuff because reasons.

A gun has to be "OK" on *both* those before a dealer can sell it.

Glocks are *not* on the AG's "OK" list.

Gotcha - thanks for clarifying that.

Yeah. And even though Glock's are as compliant to the AG "Regs" as every other one, the AG's office has had a multi-decade hard one for Glocks so none can be sold.

Yeah. And even though Glock's are as compliant to the AG "Regs" as every other one, the AG's office has had a multi-decade hard one for Glocks so none can be sold.
Will all due respect not necessarily true. In last Fridays e-mail newsletter from GOAL there was an ad by Shooters Supply in Westport offering "MA compliant Glock 17s"

Will all due respect not necessarily true. In last Fridays e-mail newsletter from GOAL there was an ad by Shooters Supply in Westport offering "MA compliant Glock 17s"

I saw that too. Like Gen1 or Gen2 used Glock 17's. I think he was referring to factory new sales are still prohibited to LEO in this state because of AG regs.

Edited to say: "factory new sales from LGS to non-leo is still prohibited, that is".

I saw that too. Like Gen1 or Gen2 used Glock 17's. I think he was referring to factory new sales are still prohibited to LEO in this state because of AG regs.

Edited to say: "factory new sales from LGS to non-leo is still prohibited, that is".

Even so, you (a civilian) can purchase a brand new Glock for half the price some places are selling used police-duty Gen 2s. All one has to do is a little bit of legwork. Push the pencil a bit.

Even so, you (a civilian) can purchase a brand new Glock for half the price some places are selling used police-duty Gen 2s. All one has to do is a little bit of legwork. Push the pencil a bit.

Look at post #13 when I say basically the same thing. That's not the point though. The point is that a civilian still can't buy new Glocks from LGS in MA. At least that's the point Dennis was making.

Look at post #13 when I say basically the same thing. That's not the point though. The point is that a civilian still can't buy new Glocks from LGS in MA. At least that's the point Dennis was making.

I may have misread your post #17. I’m just saying I purchased a brand new Glock for what I’d expect a free-stater to pay. Entirely possible I misread your post.

I don't think it'll ever happen- Glocks are too dangerous for police, so why would "untrained" civilians be allowed to use them? This is absolutely an infringement, but one that's really hard to overturn.

I'm not going to count on it- SCOTUS has done some interesting rulings as of late, but with the contagion effect and shootings its become all to easy to scape goat firearms. SCOTUS took away our rights to owned specific arms back in the 30's when they ruled against short barreled shotguns, unfortunately it's all downhill from there. If some infringement is acceptable for a safe society, then legally speaking you can just take everything in small bites. Last decade it was NFA stamps, last year assault weapons, last month rostered weapons, last week bump stocks, and now we're looking at suppressors.

Back
Top Bottom