Challenger shells - Where to buy in metro north

I want to try a few boxes of challengers target shells before buying cases. Does anyone know where I could Challenger Target shells in metro north area (OK in NH too).

p_105003500_1.jpg

I’m not familiar with the brand, but here’s a brief discussion about them on reddit:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClayBusters/comments/c2viom/is_challenger_first_class_ammo_any_good/

And another from Trap Shooters Forum:

If cost is a factor and you’re not planning on reloading, then the Winchester Super-X are good and consistent. It seems the Challenger reviews are mixed and I can’t find a website for them to see where/what their distribution channel looks like. All I found were online sellers.

Found a couple of box (traded with a shooter).

> Any particular reason?
It seems like Federal TopGun is the only one available in bulk (10-30 cases) easily. I bought a batch of TopGun last years, the many primers were sitting too low, causing light-strike and not firing. Other people in range reported similar issues too. I want to try a different brand for a year or two before trying TopGun again. GunClub is OK.

I reload 12 guage for trap, find my loads are just as good if not better than any factory loads I have shot! 12 guage is the easiest and quickest ( and cheapest to get started in to reload). I stumbled onto a couple thousand 12 guage Winchester XX red shells awhile back and haven't had to buy anything .

I reload 12 guage for trap, find my loads are just as good if not better than any factory loads I have shot! 12 guage is the easiest and quickest ( and cheapest to get started in to reload). I stumbled onto a couple thousand 12 guage Winchester XX red shells awhile back and haven't had to buy anything .

Agreed. 12ga was my hook into reloading because of its ease and it is really can be cost effective, especially when splitting large orders with friends or other club members.

Found a couple of box (traded with a shooter).

Must have been a great guy ;) If you're going to shoot trap Saturday morning, I have a bunch of 1&1/8 oz, I'll bring you a few boxes you can try those out. I think I gave you 1oz.

We have been having really good luck with the challengers. We are almost through 5k now and not a single issue.

Back
Top Bottom