• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chalk up another one for the good guys...

NH-GP100

NES Member
Last edited:
Good outcome in Nashua.

Looks like it worked out better for this guy than the poor bastard in NJ at the Short Hills mall. Lost his life, and his Range Rover.

Yup. First thing I thought after hearing about this was that he was not allowed a legit chance to defend himself and his wife. The laws of NJ won't allow him to legally carry a gun. [sad] We all know the bad guys don't follow the law.

Gun or not, in who's mind does this guy look like an easy mark for a carjacking ????

carjacking.jpg

"We're not identifying the other man until we are able to talk to some other people, but we have verified he had a permit to carry. By all accounts it appears he acted appropriately,"

I hate when people say "permit". It's a Pistol/Revolver LICENSE. Not a permit.

Nobody verified he had a permit because there's no permits to verify.

We don't ask permission to carry a gun in NH. Nobody should have to get a permission slip to exercise a fundamental, Constitutionally-guaranteed right.

How about a voter permit? Or a marriage permit?

Nobody verified he had a permit because there's no permits to verify.

We don't ask permission to carry a gun in NH. Nobody should have to get a permission slip to exercise a fundamental, Constitutionally-guaranteed right.

How about a voter permit? Or a marriage permit?

lighten-up-frances_t268.jpg

For the most part, the words "permit" and "license" are interchangeable.
They both mean you paid a fee, usually to a government agency, which sometimes involves taking a test, allowing you to do something in accordance with the law.
You start with a learners permit before you go on to get a drivers license.
If you want to build a house, you need to pay for a building permit.
If you want to have a dog, you need to pay for a dog license.
If you want to burn leaves, you need to pay for a fire permit.
If you want to fish, you need to pay for a fishing license.
So what's the difference ????

It's a distinction without a difference.

Nobody should have to, but we do have to get one to carry loaded and concealed, or to carry loaded in a car.

Saw it on the 11:00 news last night, channel 4. In addition to it being a great story - the newscasters didn't report it with any anti slant (how could they?). They laughed about how dumb the perp was.

the poor guy was just trying to turn around his life by redistributing some assets for himself and loved ones for the upcoming holidays and this gun toting grinch ruined his plans. you guys love to revel in another's misfortune. the humanity.[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom