Cetme

Sarco has cetme barrels back in stock just ordered one. Posted last time didnt order one and they went out of stock fast. Mentioned that they went the highest quality but are hard to find.

@warwickben was looking for one.
The chamber and fluting looks great it was only the outside that looked crappy but dimensionally it was pretty spot on. Also it is 5/8-24 thread so a CETME-C brake/flash hider won't work.

Jesus! Looks like four sections of barrel combined into one.
Yeah it's ugly on the outside, I lightly sanded mine to see what it would look like. There's also a section that looks like it spun in the chuck. Sadly that raised portion is a critical dimension for the front triple frame. I have everything for mine except the receiver flat which went out of stock LOL

It is going to be blasted and parked or painted anyway it is for a mil surp rifle not a fine firearm. as long as the dimensions are good and the flutes are good in the chamber game on. For me an external finish isn't important as I can just throw it in the lathe and fix it. or for a cetme just blast park it and duracoat if I go that way. heck the barrels on my issue m16a1s where like that back in the day. the only really nice HK barrel I bought was a RCM mp5 that was fully finished it was almost too nice. But I paid up for that one.

The finish doesn't bother me really, it's also only 150 so I didn't expect much. There's a reason the RCM is double the price lol. In tempted to pickup a second one "just in case"

That was turned without the use of a 'follow rest' but it's only cosmetic. These would most likely get Parkerized in which case it would be abrasive blasted prior to treatment. Tool marks are of no consequence on the exterior surfaces of a military firearm...just look at Winchester M1 Garands. Most look like they where machined with a dull rock.

That was turned without the use of a 'follow rest' but it's only cosmetic. These would most likely get Parkerized in which case it would be abrasive blasted prior to treatment. Tool marks are of no consequence on the exterior surfaces of a military firearm...just look at Winchester M1 Garands. Most look like they where machined with a dull rock.

LOL spot on regarding the Win M1's. So tempted to do a CETME project...

The cetme is a highly underrated rifle Mostly due to the bad ones Century did back in the day. the only real crappy part of the stock C is the rear sight. which honestly is horrible. an HK G3 sight is much better and can be had for cheap money still surplus from RTG parts for example. I have one cetme c done up like an HK 91 and one as a pure cetme c. Love the wood on the C but the sights are horrible.

The first 2 barrels I got from Sarco awhile back were nice. This latest one the finish is rough, but the fluting looks good. The C is a great value for the money.

Mine looks like Stevie wonder setup the speeds and feeds on the outside profile. Luckily most of it is under the handguard regardless.
View attachment 361024

looks almost as bad as my prexis psl barrel before it blew up lol... its works its works. was welding a uzi up today lol. i need to get pics.

Got parts kit the other day. Barrel is on it's way. Going to have to figure if I want to do a flat or receiver and source the remaining 5 parts. What do you have to due to convert the fire control group

Attachments

• 20200606_062609.jpg
    20200606_062609.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 15
RTG has flats in stock right now after being out for a few weeks as well as the semi auto shelf. Here is the demil tutorial from Weaponsguild, it includes the trigger pack.

Attachments

• HK Demil Tutorial (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
that's because his camera doesn't focus on the barrel. It focuses on the workbench behind it. You can still see the blurry little lines, but as long as it is functional.
Yeah only matters the trunnion and tripple tree fit . Sand paper can smooth the rest out

Last edited:
That barrel reminds me of the machine work on one of the Mosins I had that was produced during WW II. Anywhere important to function was machined well, but the barrel and the outside of the receiver looked just like that.

The only problem I see is the area where the triple frame goes is just as choppy albeit dimensionally correct, just gives a nice groove for the solder to flow in LOL.

Back
Top Bottom