• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ceramic tumbling media

That corncob media from drillspot is available with free shipping again.

EDIT:
I placed my order the evening of Sunday the 15th for 2x 40 lbs bags and it arrived today (Tuesday). Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Last edited:
I have experience with ceramic media (wet) with other parts, but not cartridge cases. It's good stuff and it lasts a long time. It's expensive too.

The reason I haven't used it for cases is that it needs to be cleaned when it gets dirty.

The problem is, in our application, the 'dirt' is mostly lead residue from the lead styphnate priming compound.

The less you're exposed to this stuff, the better. I'd rather throw it away in the corncob than try to clean it out of ceramic.

+1 use cheap media and dump it before a dangerous concentration of lead develops. I get my corn cob grit from Beede in Lowell for $25 per 50lb bag.

I was running LOW on media, and usually get walnut shell media. But, I decided to give some corn cob a try, and placed an order yesterday.

Now, get this................

I placed the order at 5:11 PM

I checked on the status of the order a bit later.... nothing.....

8:30 PM, I get an email that the order was processed and shipped...........

The box was delivered before NOONTIME the very next day (TODAY).

Came all the way from Graingers in New Jersey to the Portland, Maine area in that short a time!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!

So, $27 delivered that fast, for 40 pounds of the media........ wow..............

I had the same experience, Duke. I decided to give the corncob media a try. Ordered Wednesday night, package was here early afternoon on Friday. Great service from Drillspot and UPS!

Back
Top Bottom