Cerakoting with Golddiggie (pic heavy)

Adam does a great job and is a blast to hang out with. He has an obsession with LEDs (which I can relate to), and he's a great beer brewer.

Here are some old pre-ban mags he made new with Graphite Black Cerakote. Best you can do in the People’s Republic! Give him a shout if you need some work.

Step 1 - Soaking in Acetone

attachment.php

Step 2 - Sand blast

attachment.php

Step 3 - More soaking and then drying

attachment.php

Step 4 - Pre-bake. If there’s still crud - soak, scrub, and pre-bake again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Step 5 - Spray

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Step 6 - Bake and the Cool

attachment.php

step5b.JPGstep4.JPGstep4b.JPGstep5a.JPGstep3.JPGstep2.JPGstep1.JPGcoolingoff.JPGphoto 3-1.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting to see the procedure, have some 20's that are pretty tired. Thanks for putting the pics up.

The display on the oven is in degrees C (comes out to about 300F). For whatever reason, the PID won't display degrees F no matter what I do (making the correct changes, etc.). So I just run with it.

Want to see the mags once you assemble them again. Especially with some ammo in there. [smile]

That a vent hood when you were spraying the mags? Where's it exhaust to? Outside? Pretty slick. Need something similar for when I clean my weapons in the basement. My roommates hate the smell of Ballistol and it lingers for a while.

That a vent hood when you were spraying the mags? Where's it exhaust to? Outside? Pretty slick. Need something similar for when I clean my weapons in the basement. My roommates hate the smell of Ballistol and it lingers for a while.

Yup, goes right outside. Short run with a 500CFM fan right after the elbow...

Expect another post about Cerakote effects on a shotgun bolt in the next day or so. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom