• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

cerakote help

I was finally able to cerakote my barrel, stock block, A2 FH and stock. While im pleased with how they came out overall, they are a little to glossy when compared to the lower i was trying to match. Do you guys know if im able to just rub the cerakote with something to dull it up? I would like it to match and i dont really want to do the whole process again.

vo0760.jpg

15rieir.jpg

970duu.jpg

2ppj3eu.jpg

Maybe low pressure media blasting will dull the finish without removing it. Or just blast if off and do it again with the right mix ratio. How are you measuring the parts?

as much as i dont want to do it i might just blast it all off and re spray/bake it. i want it to match the lower better.

I sprayed them again today. Going to bake them tomorrow. Made sure I mixed it to get a matte finish. It looked exactly what I wanted when it air dried. Hoping it will darken up a little once it bakes. Will post pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom