Century Arms AK lawsuit

My CAI import SAR-1 has a lip on the top of the safety lever, it is stopped by the dust cover and can't go any further when the gun is assembled. Haven't checked my Saigas and don't know if CAI imports those or not.

Shows what the problem is and how it happens.

Probably a 30 second fix with a bench grinder...

Last edited by a moderator:
there's no such thing as an "Unintentional" or "accidental" discharge, the word they're looking for is "negligent"

In turn, a user can then unknowingly disengage the safety mechanism and accidentally discharge the gun without pulling the trigger.

Defective safety and trigger not pulled and you call that negligence and not unintentional? [rolleyes]

there's no such thing as an "Unintentional" or "accidental" discharge, the word they're looking for is "negligent"

I don't think it's negligence to assume that when you flip your safety on the gun isn't going to automatically discharge...unless you're talking about negligence on the part of Century, in which case yes absolutely.

I've been looking for my first AK and was considering an RAS 47 to see if I like the platform, but after the review they just got by AK Operators Union (gun literally falling apart after 2500 rounds) I don't think I'll touch any of their stuff.

ok stupid people (that's you) pay attention.

this idiot had the dust cover off, a round chambered, was DISASSEMBLING the rifle when he CAUSED IT TO NEGLIGENTLY DISCHARGE....

unfortunately Darwin wasn't paying attention and all he did was put a hole in his ceiling, not his empty f****** head.

if you don't unload your goddamned weapon when f****** with it, you are NEGLIGENT.... there is NO SUCH THING as an "accident" when it comes to firearms.... no such thing..... accidents don't exist, if something happens, it's because someone was doing something stupid, they shouldn't have been doing.... like disassembling a LOADED firearm....

morons like this are how the AG can get away with her consumer protection safety BS...

ETA: ok, round in the ceiling was apparently a different case, same standard applies though.

Last edited:
You are right. I'm sure a faulty design or malfunction like a slam fire is totally on purpose. I'm sure firing a round directly into your target and backstop before you intend while staging a trigger is super negligent. How stupid of people.

Cops can have accidental discharges...

that's because cops are special, just ask them, they'll tell you....

You are right. I'm sure a faulty design or malfunction like a slam fire is totally on purpose. I'm sure firing a round directly into your target and backstop before you intend while staging a trigger is super negligent. How stupid of people.

so if i'm in an accident because i had a dry-rotted tire blow, or because my headlights/brakelights whatever weren't working, that's not my fault? good to know..... i'll keep that in mind if it ever happens....

i'll let you know how far that gets me with the police/insurance co....

you MUST de-cock a glock before you can tear it down... how many idiots shoot themselves every year decocking loaded glocks? is that faulty design or operator stupidity?
if you have a FA safety in your AK, it will trigger the disconnect..... both of mine have FA safeties..... guess how many holes i have in my ceiling....

Last edited:
I don't think it's negligence to assume that when you flip your safety on the gun isn't going to automatically discharge...unless you're talking about negligence on the part of Century, in which case yes absolutely.

I've been looking for my first AK and was considering an RAS 47 to see if I like the platform, but after the review they just got by AK Operators Union (gun literally falling apart after 2500 rounds) I don't think I'll touch any of their stuff.

I would go with a WASR. I've shot one, and then realized the only reason my Arsenal was worth so much was the folding stock.

I would go with a WASR. I've shot one, and then realized the only reason my Arsenal was worth so much was the folding stock.

No it's because the arsenal is a lot smoother, too. A WASR-10 is like dragging a dumpster over a bed of rocks. That said, they've gotten a lot better than they used to be.

-Mike

Shows what the problem is and how it happens.

Probably a 30 second fix with a bench grinder...

Yep,
Actually it takes about a minute[smile] if you clean up the grind with a few strokes of a file. I did mine and its a worthwhile mod to do, and its not just Century AKs that need it. I had two Chinese MAKs that required it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
The safety in my Saiga didn't do a damn thing when I got it. Had to build it up with a bead of weld. Still don't rely on it for anything.

I have never, ever used that stupid safety anyway. I use the safety on my ARs because they are easy to actuate and I train with them, but with my AK platform rifles and shotgun, I NEVER use them, just use the safety between my ears, just like with Glocks, one other guns that don't have safeties at all.

I just checked my WASR, (brand new, never fired) the safety has a cut.... which is about a 1/16 too wide and *still* trips the disconnector..... bwah ha ha ha....

I'll stick to my maadi with the full width safety.....

Back
Top Bottom