Centraville sportsman club in Dracut

Anyone a member there? Do you enjoy the club.? 5 min ride for me once I get my LTC. Left a few messages at the club but no one has gotten back to me, but looking at their calendar it looks like there aren't any board meetings in July and Aug so maybe that's why.

I was a member there for a year, (July 09-July 10) main reason I did not renew was because of distance to club (~35 min).

They have a 24hr indoor range, and their clubhouse is really nice. They also have a shotgun/trap field and a 100 yard range out back.

As Mr Bill said, never met anyone unfriendly while I was there.

It took me awhile before I got through as well.... I need to attend one more meeting before I'm officially a member. You want to email them and ask for Josh Taylor.... or just come down the first tuesday of september.

I work on 113 in dracut... Is this the rod and gun club that has a small sign on 113 telling u how to get there, like after coyles but before version? Or is this the club that's south of 113 ish .. I hear gun shots all the time at break lol I'd love to find a 24/7 rang indoor... Is it just hand guns in door? Can you only shoot on the out door ranges with a ro there ?

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Walther p38 made early 45
Remington sportsman58 12g
Early type 99.

Most of the info you are looking for here
http://www.centralvillesportsmansclub.org/
308 Wheeler Rd Dracut - you can look it up on Googlemaps
basically at the lights where the fire station is one 113, go down the street opposite side of 113 from fire station, that is wheeler rd, follow it down a ways and the club is on the left

Indoor range is 24x7, handguns and .22 rifles, no FMJ, web site has range rules if you dig around.

Not sure about the outdoor range, I'm going down for Sept 4th board mtg to join up

I'm not a member but I have shot trap there (Greater Lowell Trap League) and I have to say that is the nicest bunch of guys to shoot with. If their E division team is any indication of the kind of members they have, then you couldn't be interested in joining a better club. Out of all the clubs we shot in the GLTL, that was probably one of the friendliest.

I'm a member there.

100 yard outdoor rifle range and they are in the process of building a 25 yard outdoor range too. Should be done in the spring.

The indoor range is 24-7, but I prefer to shoot outside.

Usually when I go, I'm the only person there. I usually go 8-11AM on Thursday's. 99% of the time I'm shooting alone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trap is open Sundays at 1:00 PM and Mondays starting at 5:00 PM. The field is open to the public and members with acost of $3.00 per round. That was as of the August newsletter, so not sure if times are different now in the fall

Jacketed ammo

Yeah, I was looking at this club too but not being able to shoot jacketed ammo indoors won't work for me.
Yanici, looks like jacketed ammo is ok,INDOOR RANGE ABSOLUTELY NO SHORT SHOOTING ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. (TARGETS MUST BE ALL THE WAY BACK AGAINST THE BACK STOP) PISTOL RANGE IS OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY, 365 DAYS A YEAR EXCEPT DURING FUNCTIONS AND HALL RENTALS. PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS UP TO .45 CALIBER. THE MAXIMUM MAGNUM ROUND ALLOWED IS THE .44 MAGNUM. LEAD AND JACKETED AMMUNITION CAN BE FIRED. THE ONLY RIFLES ALLOWED IN THE RANGE ARE .22 RIMFIRE AND AIR GUNS.NO SHOTGUNS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. PAPER TARGETS ONLY, NO LARGER THAN 24” BY 24”. NO BLACK POWDER ALLOWED. NO ARMOR PIERCING, STEEL JACKETED, OR TRACER AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED. NO 50 CALIBER, NO GUN OF A LARGER CALIBER THAN LISTED ABOVE. NO “CONTENDER” TYPE PISTOLS. ABSOLUTELY NO DISCHARGING OF FIREARMS IN FRONT OF THE PISTOL BOOTHS. DOORS MUST BE CLOSED AND LOCKED AND THE EXHAUST FAN MUST BE ON,WHEN RANGE IS IN USE. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOU ARE FINISHED, AND REMEMBER TO SHUT OFF THELIGHTS AND VENTILATION BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

Most of the info you are looking for here
Centralville Sportsman's Club
308 Wheeler Rd Dracut - you can look it up on Googlemaps
basically at the lights where the fire station is one 113, go down the street opposite side of 113 from fire station, that is wheeler rd, follow it down a ways and the club is on the left

Indoor range is 24x7, handguns and .22 rifles, no FMJ, web site has range rules if you dig around.

Not sure about the outdoor range, I'm going down for Sept 4th board mtg to join up

We allow FMJ indoors...

We allow FMJ indoors...

Hey jbt, I am looking to become a member at Dracut. I've only looked at it via the website...do you have certain days that it's open to the public or prospective members? Also, looking at the site, it seems as though I'd have to wait at least 2 club meetings (2 months) before I can be a member...is that true? Just anxious to join a club and take my first pistol out. Thanks!

Hey jbt, I am looking to become a member at Dracut. I've only looked at it via the website...do you have certain days that it's open to the public or prospective members? Also, looking at the site, it seems as though I'd have to wait at least 2 club meetings (2 months) before I can be a member...is that true? Just anxious to join a club and take my first pistol out. Thanks!

jbt will no doubt get back to you (he's certainly the guy you want to talk to), but it's not necessarily 2 club meetings; board meetings count too. I applied a couple days before a general meeting I couldn't get to, showed up at the board meeting the following week, and was in. Eleven days from the initial visit to getting my card. Great club, excellent facilities.

My LTC application is in process. I want to join CSC but for those without LTC/FID there is an additional CORI fee. Agree that I should wait for my LTC, or is there a reason why to join now? I already have a sponsor.
-Mike

My LTC application is in process. I want to join CSC but for those without LTC/FID there is an additional CORI fee. Agree that I should wait for my LTC, or is there a reason why to join now? I already have a sponsor.
-Mike
How long does it take to become a member after submitting the club application?
I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and alloy to join even though I am still waiting for my LTC.
Thoughts?

How long does it take to become a member after submitting the club application?
I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and alloy to join even though I am still waiting for my LTC.
Thoughts?

you might want to email the webmaster of the site. I did and I got a response in minutes. that said, is there a reason why you might not get your LTC? I guess if you think it's dicey then hold off. though I would hope if you applied, paid your dues and got no permit that they would refund you..

I was accepted on the same night as a bunch of other people, and I was surprised at the number who had no LTC/FID. I can't think why you wouldn't wait until you get yours, but apparently plenty of folks don't.

Back
Top Bottom