• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

central mass FFL willing to work with PD...

My point was if the feds go for Fed ERPO no state will really be able to "opt out of it". The person will become a prohibited person and that's the end of that. You are flagged in NICS and other systems like that, and you are done- if you get arrested with a gun at that point (after having been served with the ERPO) and the kopsch want to be dicks they can kick you to the feds, you could then indicted for felon in possession. In a best case scenario a state could have a law saying they won't refer someone for prosecution by the feds (like those 2A sanctuary state things) but that's unlikely because most people are faggots and suck for ERPO as being a "good idea". States that don't pass companion ERPO laws that dovetail with the fed one will likely get penalized by the feds, over time. (like they try to do with seatbelt/helmet bullshit. )

As an example, I'm not aware of a single state that has state laws for DV ROs etc that do not effectively "channel lautenberg" in some way or another.

Lol and BTW even NH fully honors Lautenberg, although the process is different (and usually, somewhat less abusive) from MA. We had a guy here who lived in NH and his bonkers Ex in MA filed an RO against him, and he got served by NH cops, who then took all his guns. Lautenberg shit "travels across borders. " This ERPO shit will, too, if they pass it.

There's no way they're going to file the legislation without doing that. Their goal is to reduce the number of people who can have guns. The only way to do that is to put teeth in
it like that. State ERPOs, as they exist now, are basically a joke that you can drive away from if you needed to. The antis know that and don't like that.

Sure, though NH lacks both the helmet and seatbelt laws, for adults anyway.

I have seen the other side of the coin, a couple guys stalking ex wives/girlfriends - dumbass "we need to talk" ideas when she was just 100% done and trying to stay away, although no violence or threat present, eventually an RO results. Also seen women get them to protect themselves from ex's of their current boyfriend. None of that resulted in searches/seizure, offending party was just served an order.

I imagine the 2nd cluster with either is upon expiry of such an order, how long does it take to get the feds to recognize it. In MA you are probably double screwed because they could use a past/expired RO during considerations for licensing.

According to my friend, the Northampton PD is fully aware of the economic rape that happens at bonded warehouses, and does their best to avoid that pitfall.

I can confirm , despite the town being known for being ultra liberal, the Police Dept, by Mass standards, seems good. I had my LTC in 2 weeks, only issues for ALP, seemed very friendly and I got a "good for you" when I showed to submit my app by cop at front desk.

Anybody have any positive stories like beating a bogus RO filed against you??😂😂👍🏻

It takes more balls than most judges have to deny a restraining order extension. I've won some but those are the outliers. Case in point: a guy let an ex girlfriend continue to live in his house as her mind deteriorated into mush. For many years she terrorized him but he felt responsible to keep her there. Finally someone offered her an RO and she requested one...at the hearing I was loaded with tons of information about her delusions and began asking questions. It was like pushing a button and she would go on and on with delusional thoughts.

-she claimed that the cadillac the client bought for her sprayed poison gas into her face when she operated the AC
-the drain cleaner she found in the house was being used to poison her food
-the neighbors were part of the drug cartel and would sneak into her room at night to rape her
-the car accident she had was orchestrated by the client and the illuminati which she knew when she saw the other driver's license and recognized the code on it

eventually it got to the point where it was getting pathetic and I looked at the judge and she said that I'd "made the point" I was going for.

The judge extended the order but fortunately didn't throw the guy out of his own house mostly because he had to care for his inferm brother. It was at that moment I learned that any restraining order may be extended irrespective of the allegation.

It takes more balls than most judges have to deny a restraining order extension. I've won some but those are the outliers. Case in point: a guy let an ex girlfriend continue to live in his house as her mind deteriorated into mush. For many years she terrorized him but he felt responsible to keep her there. Finally someone offered her an RO and she requested one...at the hearing I was loaded with tons of information about her delusions and began asking questions. It was like pushing a button and she would go on and on with delusional thoughts.

-she claimed that the cadillac the client bought for her sprayed poison gas into her face when she operated the AC
-the drain cleaner she found in the house was being used to poison her food
-the neighbors were part of the drug cartel and would sneak into her room at night to rape her
-the car accident she had was orchestrated by the client and the illuminati which she knew when she saw the other driver's license and recognized the code on it

eventually it got to the point where it was getting pathetic and I looked at the judge and she said that I'd "made the point" I was going for.

The judge extended the order but fortunately didn't throw the guy out of his own house mostly because he had to care for his inferm brother. It was at that moment I learned that any restraining order may be extended irrespective of the allegation.
Wow!

I guess you should've been looking in NH?
If I have to do it again, I'll try to get listed at a place outside of Zone 1 as the borders for organ allocation span multiple states. Funny thing - the hospitals and docs don't tell you things like "you can cut that 6 year wait in half or better if you drive out Albany Medical and get listed there".

Anybody have any positive stories like beating a bogus RO filed against you??😂😂👍🏻

My son did two months ago.
I posted it here about how the PO had the RO, came to the house and the gun serial numbers were listed on the RO. He had to give them the three or go to jail, and i actually had them since we knew this may arise. His lawyer cut a deal with her lawyer, since she was only after money, and at the hearing the next week for the RO, she told the judge she wanted it lifted. In the end, she got nothing, and the judge ruled for my son in the whole crappy mess.

I posted it here about how the PO had the RO, came to the house and the gun serial numbers were listed on the RO. He had to give them the three or go to jail, and i actually had them since we knew this may arise. His lawyer cut a deal with her lawyer, since she was only after money, and at the hearing the next week for the RO, she told the judge she wanted it lifted. In the end, she got nothing, and the judge ruled for my son in the whole crappy mess.
Awesome!!!! Thank u for posting.

With all due respect, no he did not.

He did not "beat a bogus RO", but negotiated the complaint away. If the woman has said "He has never threatened me in any way, but I just feel unsafe with him having guns" the RO would almost certainly have been granted.

"Beating it" is having the judge deny the RO after considering evidence at a hearing at which one party wants the RO.

With all due respect, no he did not.

He did not "beat a bogus RO", but negotiated the complaint away. If the woman has said "He has never threatened me in any way, but I just feel unsafe with him having guns" the RO would almost certainly have been granted.

"Beating it" is having the judge deny the RO after considering evidence at a hearing at which one party wants the RO.
Story #1: Husband and wife divorcing. Husband moved out of house they both owned. He went to house to pick up some tools. While in basement, he hears "Police" being yelled from upstairs. He spoke to them, explained that it was his house and there were no orders. Police left. Wife's friend/neighbor called wife at work to tell her that he was there.

Next time he showed up he found the locks had been changed. He texted her and explained that unless she provided him a key to his house, he would likely damage the door gaining entrance to his house. She filed for, and was granted, an emergency restraining order. Cops showed up and took his guns. At court hearing judge vacated the RO after both parties appeared. Guns were returned.

Story #2: Around ten years ago, girlfriend files for RO claiming he threatened her. Emergency order granted, but vacated at two party hearing. (Both showed up, she did NOT ask for it to be vacated, but judge vacated anyway). Living in green town, he later gets LTC. Moved to red city. Chief found him unsuitable due to the threats he made to his girlfriend. District court upheld the denial, refusing to acknowledge that a judge had refused to extend the RO three days after the fact. The paper indicating he had made a threat was deemed to be credible and reliable.

Story #1: Husband and wife divorcing. Husband moved out of house they both owned. He went to house to pick up some tools. While in basement, he hears "Police" being yelled from upstairs. He spoke to them, explained that it was his house and there were no orders. Police left. Wife's friend/neighbor called wife at work to tell her that he was there.

Next time he showed up he found the locks had been changed. He texted her and explained that unless she provided him a key to his house, he would likely damage the door gaining entrance to his house. She filed for, and was granted, an emergency restraining order. Cops showed up and took his guns. At court hearing judge vacated the RO after both parties appeared. Guns were returned.

Story #2: Around ten years ago, girlfriend files for RO claiming he threatened her. Emergency order granted, but vacated at two party hearing. (Both showed up, she did NOT ask for it to be vacated, but judge vacated anyway). Living in green town, he later gets LTC. Moved to red city. Chief found him unsuitable due to the threats he made to his girlfriend. District court upheld the denial, refusing to acknowledge that a judge had refused to extend the RO three days after the fact. The paper indicating he had made a threat was deemed to be credible and reliable.
It really sux that all a vindictive woman has to do is lie. In scenario #2 did the Chief deny at the renewal or when he first moved to the town?, Did they send him a letter or something?👍🏻

The guys at The Mill should start their own "bonded warehouse".

But do so with fair pricing.

If gun owners are worried about a RO or Red Flag, they can sign up ahead of time with The Mill to have arrangements in place if needed.

Have some numbers stored in your phones files to call to get the plan in motion.

The guys running the warehouse at The Mill agree that one of them will make an emergency visit ASAP to collect everything.

Charge a fair price for potential extended storage and transfer fees.

It would be a win / win.

The guys at The Mill should start their own "bonded warehouse".

But do so with fair pricing.

If gun owners are worried about a RO or Red Flag, they can sign up ahead of time with The Mill to have arrangements in place if needed.

Have some numbers stored in your phones files to call to get the plan in motion.

The guys running the warehouse at The Mill agree that one of them will make an emergency visit ASAP to collect everything.

Charge a fair price for potential extended storage and transfer fees.

It would be a win / win.
Nobody who is pro RKBA wants to get their hands covered in shit like that, that's the problem. It's simpler to not do it. Most guys would rather make money buying/selling stuff than essentially charging people peanuts to do nothing.

Let me ask you this, what is "fair" in an exploitative process like bonded warehouse seizure? There's nothing fair about it. The gun owner did not voluntarily choose for his/her guns to go there.

Nobody who is pro RKBA wants to get their hands covered in shit like that, that's the problem. It's simpler to not do it. Most guys would rather make money buying/selling stuff than essentially charging people peanuts to do nothing.

Let me ask you this, what is "fair" in an exploitative process like bonded warehouse seizure? There's nothing fair about it. The gun owner did not voluntarily choose for his/her guns to go there.
A bonded warehouse is unfair.

I think a fair price for a FFL to drive to my house and pick up guns for storage could be agreed upon.
At least it wont be a "rip off" if both parties agree on a price before hand.
Otherwise the RO subject could run to a gun shop and put them on consignment real quick. Or, if he as just 4 guns, could eFA10 them to a friend.

Wholeheartedly agree. I provide this service as more of a rescue attempt from bonded warehouses, but I would never want to get into the game of being one. The good news is this situation was remedied today for a good bit less than two, but more than one box current price 9mm. 🙃 Glad I was able to help though. The OP will likely be updating with a post about it and I had permission to speak in vague details of helping.

Epilogue:

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for @Whiskeywon of Pathfinder Armament. Everything went, not only smoother, faster and cheaper than I'd feared, but smoother, faster, and cheaper than I'd hoped!

I hope I never have to deal with crap like this again, and I hope you never do. But if it doesn't work out that way, I'd give him a call.

The other factor that made this so easy (in the context of "RO" and "bonded warehouse") is that the Northampton PD seems to really understand how horrible the system is, and they do their part to make it suck as little as possible. So, they get a thumbs up, too; for making a potentially horrific situation as un-terrible as they could.

Everything that was confiscated from my friend is now in my safe, including ammo, full-cap magazines, and other stuff that could have easily gone missing out of his range bag.

Back
Top Bottom