• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Central Issue Facility - turning gear in.

CIF is always run by some GS-11 who retired at 20 years as an E-6, has been double-dipping for 30 years, and is pissed off about everything.

I always had my own gear. When I went to one particular school, I put everything they issued me into plastic garbage bags. They remained sealed until I went to turn them into CIF, and everything was rejected as "dirty".

Look, bitch... this is Fort Hood. Caliche dust is in EVERY DAMN THING, including the crap you issued me!

Oh my god.

I’ve previously posted my experience at the Bragg CIF, with the civilian at the last station who nearly didn’t let me ETS because he did not believe my signature was my actual signature, despite having watched me write it.

That was on my third trip down there in two days.

I cleared the Bragg CIF four different times. Only had an annoying issue a couple times. Some of that is because I had my own personal set of field gear that I used instead of the issue stuff.

The most user friendly CIF I have been in was the one on Fort Richardson. They did give me a slightly hard time as I was trying to turn in extra cold weather gear.
'
The best CIF experiance was my retirement turn in at Polk. No kidding 15 minutes from signing in, I was walking out the door with a clearance stamp.

Thankfully I listened when someone told me early on to save every scrap of paper.

I left Sill at the end of May 86, with all my clearance papers stashed away, including Housing (I was in the BOQ). From there to Benning for jump school, then to my duty station in Germany.

Fast forward to late 1988, and my S-1 (who was a ring-knocking jerk) presented me with a letter saying I hadn't cleared Housing at Sill, and I owed them money. (He was happy about it, too--he thought he had something on the lowly ROTC USAR guy.)

I looked at the letter, and they were demanding 65 cents for one face towel ("washcloth", in civilian) that they claimed I hadn't returned. As proof, they included a copy of my clearing inventory, which listed everything returned, and was stamped "CLEARED", and signed.

I dug out my own identical copy of the clearing form, copied everything, and replied.

They wrote again, and this time I had to brief my cav squadron commander about the whole mess. He replied this time, and I never heard from Sill again.

Thankfully I listened when someone told me early on to save every scrap of paper.

I left Sill at the end of May 86, with all my clearance papers stashed away, including Housing (I was in the BOQ). From there to Benning for jump school, then to my duty station in Germany.

Fast forward to late 1988, and my S-1 (who was a ring-knocking jerk) presented me with a letter saying I hadn't cleared Housing at Sill, and I owed them money. (He was happy about it, too--he thought he had something on the lowly ROTC USAR guy.)

I looked at the letter, and they were demanding 65 cents for one face towel ("washcloth", in civilian) that they claimed I hadn't returned. As proof, they included a copy of my clearing inventory, which listed everything returned, and was stamped "CLEARED", and signed.

I dug out my own identical copy of the clearing form, copied everything, and replied.

They wrote again, and this time I had to brief my cav squadron commander about the whole mess. He replied this time, and I never heard from Sill again.
😆 ring knocker

😆 ring knocker
We had our share of them, but we also had some Norwich grads. He tried that USMA superiority BS, and a Norwich grad told him, "Yeah, I was offered a slot there too, but my parents would never send me to a public school."

I LOL'd. We all LOL'd. Well, except that one guy from Hudson High.

Back
Top Bottom