• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Centerfire Systems and melting firearms

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Centerfire Systems was one of the places where I used to spend my paychecks but it looks like KY is what they use in KY to pull anti 2a crap out of their asses.

I just recently looked at their shipping restrictions and found that they no longer ship gun kits to MA. Not only that but any firearm with melting point of 900F is also verboten.

5xic5w.jpg

Centerfire Systems Shipping Restrictions

MA pistol testing requirements talk about melting points, but I haven't seen any mention on melting points applicable to all firearms in MA MGLs.

I've called up their CS trying to get some clarification as to which orifice they pulled that crap from. The answers I got was "you can't have semi gun kits in MA" and "the melting point thing is the law in MA, you need to call police so that they can explain this to you" which really riled me up some. Not only the peedor on the phone has no idea which a**h*** they pulled this from, he was educating me on the laws in my state. But that's cool, if there is a magic MGL I'm not aware of, I'm willing to look at it. Firearms with melting point 900F or lower are illegal in MA?

If there is anyone worse than lying antis it's their useful idiots who go extra mile trying to please antis while cozying up to guncrowd. This is your "swamp" outside of congress, rotten whores!

At this point I've met more dumbass antis from so called "free states" (and now not so much "free states" like VT and FL), than here in MA. The inherent problem seems to be is that people bitch more about how free their state is than actually do anything about keeping that state free.

This is a problem. At least in WA they fair and square made a law to ban kits. These peedors (Centerfire Systems) are signing up to do antis job for them.

It's worth while to re-iterate the thoughts from the other "let's ban them" threads. I am taking a chunk of time out of my day to cast a vote, so I may as well vote more often where I buy things and Centerfire Systems just went up to the top of my shitlist.

There are better companies to shop from who actually follow existing laws and are not closeted libtards. Centerfire Systems can rot in Pelosi's front hole. "Kentucky stronk!", f*** you progressive a**h***s.

MGL 140 section 123 would be where they got this from...

"Eighteenth, That no licensee shall sell, rent, lease, transfer or deliver or offer for sale, lease, transfer or delivery any firearm, to any purchaser in the commonwealth unless such sale is to a business entity that is primarily a firearm wholesaler and the sale, by its terms, prohibits the purchaser from reselling such firearm to a firearm retailer or consumer in the commonwealth if such firearm has a frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breechblock that is composed of: (i) any metal having a melting point of less than 900 degrees Fahrenheit; (ii) any metal having an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 pounds per square inch; or (iii) any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic centimeter. This clause shall not apply to any make and model of firearm for which a sample of three firearms in new condition all pass the following test: Each of the three samples shall fire 600 rounds, stopping every 100 rounds to tighten any loose screws and to clean the gun if required by the cleaning schedule in the user manual, and as needed to refill the empty magazine or cylinder to capacity before continuing. For any firearm that is loaded in a manner other than via a detachable magazine, the tester shall also pause every 50 rounds for ten minutes. The ammunition used shall be the type recommended by the firearm manufacturer in its user manual or, if none is recommended, any standard ammunition of the correct caliber in new condition. A firearm shall pass this test if it fires the first 20 rounds without a malfunction, fires the full 600 rounds with not more than six malfunctions and completes the test without any crack or breakage of an operating part of the firearm. The term ''crack'' or ''breakage'' shall not include a crack or breakage that does not increase the danger of injury to the user. For purposes of evaluating the results of this test, malfunction shall mean any failure to feed, chamber, fire, extract or eject a round or any failure to accept or eject a magazine or any other failure which prevents the firearm, without manual intervention beyond that needed for routine firing and periodic reloading, from firing the chambered round or moving a new round into position so that the firearm is capable of firing the new round properly. ''Malfunction'' shall not include a misfire caused by a faulty cartridge the primer of which fails to detonate when properly struck by the firearm's firing mechanism."

Centerfire Systems has not had a decent price on anything I was interested in for at least a few years now. But I am not hammering out shovels either...

It's not Center Fire it is our Attorney General and our elected officials including our Governor that has caused this. Get out and vote her and all of them out or this will become the norm for all companies that once shipped to MA. MA. is a small market and it doesn't make sense to any company to go head to head in a law suet that will gain them almost nothing. Get some one in office that can change things. As long as we allow our state to dictate stupid laws and the interpretation of our stupid laws this will get worse.

MGL 140 section 123 would be where they got this from...

"Eighteenth, That no licensee shall sell, rent, lease, transfer or deliver or offer for sale, lease, transfer or delivery any firearm, to any purchaser in the commonwealth unless such sale is to a business entity that is primarily a firearm wholesaler and the sale, by its terms, prohibits the purchaser from reselling such firearm to a firearm retailer or consumer in the commonwealth if such firearm has a frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breechblock that is composed of: (i) any metal having a melting point of less than 900 degrees Fahrenheit; (ii) any metal having an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 pounds per square inch; or (iii) any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic centimeter. This clause shall not apply to any make and model of firearm for which a sample of three firearms in new condition all pass the following test: Each of the three samples shall fire 600 rounds, stopping every 100 rounds to tighten any loose screws and to clean the gun if required by the cleaning schedule in the user manual, and as needed to refill the empty magazine or cylinder to capacity before continuing. For any firearm that is loaded in a manner other than via a detachable magazine, the tester shall also pause every 50 rounds for ten minutes. The ammunition used shall be the type recommended by the firearm manufacturer in its user manual or, if none is recommended, any standard ammunition of the correct caliber in new condition. A firearm shall pass this test if it fires the first 20 rounds without a malfunction, fires the full 600 rounds with not more than six malfunctions and completes the test without any crack or breakage of an operating part of the firearm. The term ''crack'' or ''breakage'' shall not include a crack or breakage that does not increase the danger of injury to the user. For purposes of evaluating the results of this test, malfunction shall mean any failure to feed, chamber, fire, extract or eject a round or any failure to accept or eject a magazine or any other failure which prevents the firearm, without manual intervention beyond that needed for routine firing and periodic reloading, from firing the chambered round or moving a new round into position so that the firearm is capable of firing the new round properly. ''Malfunction'' shall not include a misfire caused by a faulty cartridge the primer of which fails to detonate when properly struck by the firearm's firing mechanism."

I must have been living under the rock, guns with plastic are no bueno in MA? That seems odd considering how much is legally imported and sold with same properties. I'll read up on that part.

It's not Center Fire it is our Attorney General and our elected officials including our Governor that has caused this. Get out and vote her and all of them out or this will become the norm for all companies that once shipped to MA. MA. is a small market and it doesn't make sense to any company to go head to head in a law suet that will gain them almost nothing. Get some one in office that can change things. As long as we allow our state to dictate stupid laws and the interpretation of our stupid laws this will get worse.

1. I vote in MA elections.

2. I'll vote with my dollars as well and suggest other to do the same. I do it every week.

3. If market is small, don't sell to MA, period. There is no need to make shit up. Even if melting guns are real, not shipping kits is bullshit. There are no such laws. These faggots try too hard without Mora even asking them. f***ing slimy pieces of shit. f***ing Kentucky must be proud of their progressive libtards.

4. When a**h***s like Centerfire Systems die off, it gives better chance for decent companies to move in ... Target Ammo, do you remember that story? If we are content supporting antis things will not change. Libtards have been doing this for a while, as usual conservatives are late to the party.

I must have been living under the rock, guns with plastic are no bueno in MA? That seems odd considering how much is legally imported and sold with same properties. I'll read up on that part.
140 123 is about what a MA licensed dealer can sell. It has nothing to do with what is legal or illegal to buy and possess. Is centerfire a MA dealer? I think not. Just another out of state FUDD who interprets MA law however their illiterate inbred mind wants.

Center fire systems has sucked for over 10 years now.
The last good deal they had was the finish M28 target rifles
For $700ish. Missed that one.
They where shipping with out issue for a while. Maybe they got bought out like classic , and wideners and then ruined.

It's all in the fine print.

"This clause shall not apply to any make and model of firearm for which a sample of three firearms in new condition all pass the following test:..."

Actually, reading this, by the letter of the law, a plastic frame should be perfectly legal. The wording says "any metal having a melting point..", "any metal having an ultimate tensile strength...", etc. Plastic isn't metal.

I presume that the AG lists are built on this section and the exception. If that is the case, presumably a non-metal firearm would sidestep both the prohibition and the testing.

Of course, I don't have the interest or resources to test it and would probably loose even if the next line said "JackOfAllTrades is exempt from prosecution. No exceptions." Because gunzs.

Not the kind of crap you'd expect from Kentucky .... WTF? Didn't know their thermometers went up that high :p

It's all in the fine print.

"This clause shall not apply to any make and model of firearm for which a sample of three firearms in new condition all pass the following test:..."

Actually, reading this, by the letter of the law, a plastic frame should be perfectly legal. The wording says "any metal having a melting point..", "any metal having an ultimate tensile strength...", etc. Plastic isn't metal.

I presume that the AG lists are built on this section and the exception. If that is the case, presumably a non-metal firearm would sidestep both the prohibition and the testing.

Of course, I don't have the interest or resources to test it and would probably loose even if the next line said "JackOfAllTrades is exempt from prosecution. No exceptions." Because gunzs.
There are no AG lists. The list is based on 501 CMR 7.00 enabled by chap 140 sec 123. The AG has CMR 940 16.0 which supposedly enabled by chap 93A sec 2 consumer protection laws. There is no AG list, just the occasional "That is not compliant" nasty gram from the AG

2. I'll vote with my dollars as well and suggest other to do the same. I do it every week.

I'm voting with my feet. [smile]

Center fire systems has sucked for over 10 years now.
The last good deal they had was the finish M28 target rifles
For $700ish. Missed that one.
They where shipping with out issue for a while. Maybe they got bought out like classic , and wideners and then ruined.

There was a lady there years ago that I dealt with to ensure this BS wouldn't happen. IIRC the owner sold out and she quit and moved away. After that I rarely found anything interesting there.

Not the kind of crap you'd expect from Kentucky .... WTF? Didn't know their thermometers went up that high :p

Don't forget, the common denominator in ALL the controversy about shipping anything into Massachusetts is the attorney general of Massachusetts.....not the vendors who are in other states.

I'm voting with my feet. [smile]

There was a lady there years ago that I dealt with to ensure this BS wouldn't happen. IIRC the owner sold out and she quit and moved away. After that I rarely found anything interesting there.
figured that much.... I was getting some decent C&R stuff for a while and their ammo was cheap. Got a ton of 9mak from them. Then they stopped shipping ammo then C&R .

This rule only applies if the parts are made of metal. If they are made of plastic then the rule does not apply. Typical MA logic. Originally made to stop the zinc / pot metal framed 22s like the Jennings being sold at the time.

The problem with most other states is that "firearm" means any firearm. The MA definition of "anything that is not a rifle or shotgun" is lost on most so they think any firearm law relates to all guns.

Don't forget, the common denominator in ALL the controversy about shipping anything into Massachusetts is the attorney general of Massachusetts.....not the vendors who are in other states.

it's not. TargetSports is the shining example that not everyone fears Mora as people think.

... but even so, there is absolutely no need to go full retard and make a policy not to ship kits. Everyone else does.

... and in any case, there is no need for CS faggots to play attorney and educate people on laws in their states if they themselves have no idea what they are. Why not just admit that they feel tingly feeling in their sphinxter about shipping to MA and they don't want to hire an attorney to craft a reasonable shipping policy. Problem solved.

They haven’t been shipping kits here for a couple years now. Bunch of pussies. Apex won’t ship prebans either. They’re really all just a bunch of cowards.

Back
Top Bottom