Centerfire PRS Match Chatam, NH 5/21/22

Chilichonga

NES Member
I have seen a lot of new shooters at both Centerfire and Rimfire matches this year. It's great seeing people get out and trying something different.

The MD's have put a lot work into this property. I can wait to see what they have done to improve an already great spot to shoot. Grab your rifle go get a good 100yd zero and come join us!

Field of Dreams

Thanks,
Biggie

I have seen a lot of new shooters at both Centerfire and Rimfire matches this year. It's great seeing people get out and trying something different.

The MD's have put a lot work into this property. I can wait to see what they have done to improve an already great spot to shoot. Grab your rifle go get a good 100yd zero and come join us!

Field of Dreams

Thanks,
Biggie

Any details for new shooters who havent been involved in PRS yet?

There doesnt seem to be jack shit posted here

And the link to the website listed in the above doesnt work either.

What do you want to know?

Is your Google button broken?

Search Field of Dreams

Forget it

This is why more folks dont get involved in PRS
Maybe, take look at at how you're responding?

"There doesnt seem to be jack shit posted here"
Isn't the way to try and get a quality response to whatever you may have wanted to know.

This was a match announcement, not a how to get into PRS post.

Thanks,
Biggie

Maybe, take look at at how you're responding?

"There doesnt seem to be jack shit posted here"
Isn't the way to try and get a quality response to whatever you may have wanted to know.

This was a match announcement, not a how to get into PRS post.

Thanks,
Biggie

The link you provided takes you to a login vs info on a match...so unless you already have a login (ie not new to PRS) you get nada for info

PRS's website provides no info

The link that the PRS site provides to what appears to be the club in question doesnt work

You're not gonna recruit folks with a dearth of information

The link you provided takes you to a login vs info on a match...so unless you already have a login (ie not new to PRS) you get nada for info

The link that the PRS site provides to what appears to be the club in question doesnt work

That's a great response that can be worked with. Was unaware the link didn't work.

When I added the PS link it worked. You would still need to register through Practiscore anyway. Creating an account isn't that difficult.

Hopefully, this link works.

Thanks,
Biggie

The first link Biggie posted is for the Practiscore page to register for the match. The 2nd link is to where the match is posted on the Precision Rifle Series website, and scores will be posted there as well.

If you have any questions or need some general "getting started in PRS" information, feel free to shoot me a message.

Mike

Last edited:

I don't know what kind of details you are looking for but there are other websites and social media that discuss this type of matches. Snipershide has a lot to search for, youtube is a good source to learn about it if you like visuals. Then there is always the shitshow of FB.
I knew nothing about it when I first read about it and looking into it online for a while then getting to know my rifle for a year or so I went to my 1st match in March of 2019 and thought it was a lot of fun, very challenging. Since then I have invested a lot into it but you can enjoy the sport with a decent scope and a reasonably accurate rifle. Alderbrook range even has a Savage available just bring ammo if you need to try before buying.
There is also .22 matches within driving distance that are fun as well.

good luck

To clear up some confusion, Field of Dreams in Chatham, NH is managed by Scarborough Fish & Game in Maine. Aside from that, nothing on the SCFGA website is going to help you learn, register, or get directions to Field of Dreams where the match is actually located. The MDs running the matches there this year are great guys and have put a lot of work into an already awesome range. I highly suggest checking it out, you won't be disappointed!

The first link Biggie posted is for the Practiscore page to register for the match. The 2nd link is to where the match is posted on the Precision Rifle Series website, and scores will be posted there as well.

If you have any questions or need some general "getting started in PRS" information, feel free to shoot me a message.

Mike

Thanks much

Biggest hurdle for most new folks in a new activity is having a rough idea what you're jumping into

I guess what I was looking for was something that outlined course of fire at a high level and accessibility

Is it a course of fire 100-500 or 500 to 1000 or something else?

How accessible are the stations for folks, are folks going to be able to gimp their way through a couple hundred yards of walking or is it expected to be several miles of hiking to get through the course.

thanks again

Most places are close to where you park

FOD you could even drive up near the staging areas drop your stuff go park, be careful though it’s Sandy in places if you don’t have 4WD

I can post a pic of some past COF in a few to give an idea but 300 to 995 typical
Only a couple at far distance usually
8 to 10 stages for the matches

8-12 rounds

90,105 and 120 seconds per stage
I had some 60 seconds last Sunday rimfire

Jump in ,trial by fire more fun 😀

Thanks much

Biggest hurdle for most new folks in a new activity is having a rough idea what you're jumping into

I guess what I was looking for was something that outlined course of fire at a high level and accessibility

Is it a course of fire 100-500 or 500 to 1000 or something else?

How accessible are the stations for folks, are folks going to be able to gimp their way through a couple hundred yards of walking or is it expected to be several miles of hiking to get through the course.

thanks again
slipknot nailed it. FOD is on a flat range. maybe 50yds of walking max. targets 300-1000yds. the only current PRS range in New England where you really need to pack your shit for some hiking is Alderbrook, or EGFG in CT if you ever shoot rimfire.

it poured rain this day

also it was a pretty mild course of fire, maybe making up for the previous one that was very difficult. No wonder I did well on that one, my best prs match ever.

Attachments

• stages 1-4.jpg
    stages 1-4.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 4
  • stages 5-8.jpg
    stages 5-8.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 4
  • me stage 3.jpg
    me stage 3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
I signed up and went to a PRS match at Grandby in Feb 2020 right before Covid.
Guys were helpful and it was a lot of fun.
I learned a lot and will definitely go again when my work schedule isn’t so hectic.

Good afternoon

Dan and myself have taken over running matches at this facility. The firing line has been doubled. We are working on fixing the home page as well. If you have any questions please ask

Eric Kuchan

By a long shot. Production has turned into a gamer division and Tac is 223 and 308 only, and both have bullet/velocity restrictions. Feel free to message me if you have specific questions.

Mike
I have been interested in PRS for a while, but I don't know what I don't know beyond actual trigger pulling. What do you mean by a "gamer division"?

I have been interested in PRS for a while, but I don't know what I don't know beyond actual trigger pulling. What do you mean by a "gamer division"?
meaning it has lost the spirit of why it was established in the first place, for newer shooters with less expensive gear. Rifle must be under 2500 and optic MSRP must be under 2500. You can shoot a GAP rifle with a Leupold mk5 or Khales scope and still be in Production.

The flip side is that it has driven manufacturers to produce some higher end offerings that are a great value.

At the end of the day, build a rifle you love to shoot and shoot whichever division is appropriate. Unless you're shooting .223 or .308, you'll likely be in open.

meaning it has lost the spirit of why it was established in the first place, for newer shooters with less expensive gear. Rifle must be under 2500 and optic MSRP must be under 2500. You can shoot a GAP rifle with a Leupold mk5 or Khales scope and still be in Production.

The flip side is that it has driven manufacturers to produce some higher end offerings that are a great value.

At the end of the day, build a rifle you love to shoot and shoot whichever division is appropriate. Unless you're shooting .223 or .308, you'll likely be in open.
Ah, I see what your saying.

I have an old Rem700 AAC SPSomething or other in 308 that has been sitting in my safe for years, if I stepped into this it would be with that rifle unless it would take piles of cash to make it play the game.

Ah, I see what your saying.

I have an old Rem700 AAC SPSomething or other in 308 that has been sitting in my safe for years, if I stepped into this it would be with that rifle unless it would take piles of cash to make it play the game.
does it have a detachable magazine?

does it have a detachable magazine?
Not at the moment. Last time I took it out to try and decide if I wanted to play in PRS I realized the Hogue stock was garbage. My plan was to put it in a KRG Bravo chassis, but life happened.

Not at the moment. Last time I took it out to try and decide if I wanted to play in PRS I realized the Hogue stock was garbage. My plan was to put it in a KRG Bravo chassis, but life happened.
honestly, just bring it out and shoot it for fun. Talk to people, see what the game is about. Your first match you will probably time out and only fire 5 out of 10 rounds per stage anyways. Have fun, take notes, then go home and empty your wallet like the rest of us. [smile]

honestly, just bring it out and shoot it for fun. Talk to people, see what the game is about. Your first match you will probably time out and only fire 5 out of 10 rounds per stage anyways. Have fun, take notes, then go home and empty your wallet like the rest of us. [smile]
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the 21st, but I will hit a match this year. I have been wanting to for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom