• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CDC Deletes Defensive Gun Use Stats To Help Gun Controllers

StevieP

NES Member
I've just started subscribing to this channel.

View: https://youtu.be/XA2F6m0Fgo8

1671138902161.png

1671138937919.png

Short version -- anti-gunners don't want people seeing stats that say guns save lives, so they had the CDC take down the defensive gun use stats so they'll be able to (only) show voters the bad statistics in order to push their agenda.

Last edited:
2.5 million defensive gun uses per year does seem improbable. Doing the math yields one out of every 132 people having a defensive gun use every year, regardless of age. That seems unlikely. Citing a 2-3 decade old study is also problematic to me.

To be clear- This David Hughes guy still seems like a hughe douche who probably spends his time finding outlier statistics in an effort to invalidate the truthful pro-gun statistics. Just my 2 cents.

2.5 million defensive gun uses per year does seem improbable. Doing the math yields one out of every 132 people having a defensive gun use every year, regardless of age. That seems unlikely. Citing a 2-3 decade old study is also problematic to me.

To be clear- This David Hughes guy still seems like a hughe douche who probably spends his time finding outlier statistics in an effort to invalidate the truthful pro-gun statistics. Just my 2 cents.
Go tell your liberal friends to suck it. These are facts you don’t like, but facts just the same.

So let's take a conservative approach, and say just ONE THIRD of that number is correct. That's over 800,000 defensive gun uses, often without even firing the gun.

How many more lives saved by 800,000 defensive gun uses than are taken by criminal 'offensive' gun uses?

So let's take a conservative approach, and say just ONE THIRD of that number is correct. That's over 800,000 defensive gun uses, often without even firing the gun.

How many more lives saved by 800,000 defensive gun uses than are taken by criminal 'offensive' gun uses?
Agreed. That conservative estimate sounds much more reasonable. I'm not disagreeing with the point of these studies, just that the actual numbers seem high.
Go tell your liberal friends to suck it. These are facts you don’t like, but facts just the same.
Sounds like you're trusting scientists and pollsters to do the work for you instead of researching & doing the math for yourself. Do you believed all the "facts" from the COVID scientists too?

When the Left can’t cry Fake News, they simply erase news like 1984. Labeled as misinformation, EU could even require internet domains to purge CDC’s historical mention of DGUs.

Even the notorious Harvard anti-gun academic David Hemenway found 50,000 DGUs yearly - a number CDC and Rand skeptically considered to be on the low side, even if exceeding homicides by > 2-fold.

Flip the gun control advocates argument around - even one potential DGU impeded by poorly-conceived gun laws is too many.

Back
Top Bottom