• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW while Expired?

i can never understand how some people let their ltc expire or wait until a few weeks before renewing. that expiration date is only behind remembering your wedding anniversary and the wife's/gf birthday. all cause big problems if they are missed.

Some cities/towns will not let you apply for renewal more than 30 days prior to your expiration. The city/town I live in is one.

Bob

There's why. You had an active license so they backdated the new one to meet the expiry of the old one, and they expected you to keep using the old one until the new one came on. Surprising that they're that customer focused.

That's not the reason they do this. Ever since my first LTC in 1976, they have always done it that way. New one doesn't kick in until old one expires.

i can never understand how some people let their ltc expire or wait until a few weeks before renewing. that expiration date is only behind remembering your wedding anniversary and the wife's/gf birthday. all cause big problems if they are missed.
I’ve renewed five times and started the renewal process 8 weeks before Bday. Still don’t have card, though I did get the signed letter and receipt.

Back
Top Bottom