CCW Shooting

On the last page...somewhere in the 30's when I read it, there are pics of the criminal with his wound. Interestingly, the CCW's hand has smooth holes for entry and exit. The crook's hand has a less pretty exit wound. Curious to know the ammo.

On the last page...somewhere in the 30's when I read it, there are pics of the criminal with his wound. Interestingly, the CCW's hand has smooth holes for entry and exit. The crook's hand has a less pretty exit wound. Curious to know the ammo.

I believe I read the criminal was shooting .38spl +P... Speer maybe. Not sure what .45 the OP was using though but the exit wound on the bad guy's hand sure looked a lot worse than his.

just got a chance to read it, pants-shitting moments right there. he kept fighting and fortunately the bad dude didn't bring a new york reload. to get hit in the hands was some serious bad news. i need to practice lefty more...

If I had to guess, I'd say Winchester Ranger-T 230gr. I'm no expert, but there's a pic that seems to have the typical Ranger Talons of the jacket separated from the lead core next to evidence tag #9. It's the last picture of Blitz_308's post on 10/10/2011 12:02:12 AM, which is on page 29. Sure looks like the famous Talons to me.

ranger t.jpg

Last edited:
Sentenced to 75 years, to run consecutively. That right there would tell you it for damn sure didnt happen in MA.

What kind of exit wound does a whistle leave? In all seriousness, he kept fighting knowing that it was going to hurt a little & had potential to kill him or his buddies. Lesson? Don't wait and take the very first opportunity..dude is lucky he didn't get shot once the empty holster was found. Btw; That IS why you carry!

I believe I read the criminal was shooting .38spl +P... Speer maybe. Not sure what .45 the OP was using though but the exit wound on the bad guy's hand sure looked a lot worse than his.

He mentioned he was using Winchester 230gr Ranger SXT

I didn't look at every page of the story but was there a pic of the POS perp's wounds?

edit: perp wounds page 30

Last edited:
Rough situation, but handled it well. Glad things worked out for him. Also, What 1911 was that a sig target stainless? I don't read through the whole thing, but saw the pics. In a defensive situation, I sure see why people like 45s.

Back
Top Bottom