CCW owner arrested by Dallas Cops, and files lawsuit

[h=1]Man files civil rights suit against DPD officers[/h]
A North Texas man has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the City of Dallas and three police officers.
The city admits that the officers broke the rules and has offered a settlement, but Sherrard Taylor and his attorney say the offer is an insult.

“After I gave him my license, he asked me what do I do, and I told him, ‘I’m a truck driver and it’s here listed on my CHL,’” said Taylor. “And that’s when he looked at me. He was just like, ‘Where the drugs?’”
That’s when Taylor gave Salas his concealed handgun license and when he says Aquino piped up.

“I refused to allow him to search and he was saying things like, ‘Well, I'll just take you to jail so I can search your car anyway,’” said Taylor.
That’s what happened. Taylor’s car was torn apart on the side of the road while he goes to jail for the charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon.
“[I had] never been to jail,” said Taylor. “Horrible experience. Never forget it. I will never forget it.”

more

No mention in the article about the fate of the boys in blue.[frown]
The internal affairs investigation sustained allegations of false arrest, false imprisonment, falsifying police reports, failing to wear microphones in violation of department policy and driving at excessive speed while transporting to jail.

Those boys will be lucky to be crossing guards when the Chief is finished with them! There are a few bad apples that think they are above the law, but will be weeded out.

I can't help but think the real "charge" was "Driving While Black", especially with a rather nice car they assume it must be from drug dealing proceeds.

Sad, very sad.

I hope he gets 7-digits and bankrupts all officers involved!

- - - Updated - - -

Those boys will be lucky to be crossing guards when the Chief is finished with them! There are a few bad apples that think they are above the law, but will be weeded out.

I wish! You didn't watch the video . . . they got x days off w/o pay and are back on the street to continue being thugs with badges.

The problem is that kind of behavior should be a felony, not a demotion.

-Mike

Reach for it M-F? really *******s?

giphy.gif

civil suit where the officers might be finanically liable is the ONLY way to change this sort of behavior. Too many cases of the chief protecting his own with an "internal investigation" and giving them "a severe talking-to". Hit them in their wallets, and they will think twice next time.

That's why all IA investigations should be bipartisan... aka not by the same people that are best buds with the cops in trouble.

civil suit where the officers might be finanically liable is the ONLY way to change this sort of behavior. Too many cases of the chief protecting his own with an "internal investigation" and giving them "a severe talking-to". Hit them in their wallets, and they will think twice next time.

This.

Until it's the govt employees personal money and liberty at risk, the bad cops will continue to do it.

Look at the thug cop in malden would waid he'd put a hole in the guys head. No charges, he resigned before the IA hearing and he's getting his pension. What did he lose? Nothing, ditto these cops.

CHL means concealed handgun license? How can they arrest him for illegally having a handgun when he handed them the CHL?

[h=1]Man files civil rights suit against DPD officers[/h]
A North Texas man has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the City of Dallas and three police officers.
The city admits that the officers broke the rules and has offered a settlement, but Sherrard Taylor and his attorney say the offer is an insult.

“After I gave him my license, he asked me what do I do, and I told him, ‘I’m a truck driver and it’s here listed on my CHL,’” said Taylor. “And that’s when he looked at me. He was just like, ‘Where the drugs?’”
That’s when Taylor gave Salas his concealed handgun license and when he says Aquino piped up.

“I refused to allow him to search and he was saying things like, ‘Well, I'll just take you to jail so I can search your car anyway,’” said Taylor.
That’s what happened. Taylor’s car was torn apart on the side of the road while he goes to jail for the charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon.
“[I had] never been to jail,” said Taylor. “Horrible experience. Never forget it. I will never forget it.”

more

He got lucky they didn't plant drugs.

I wish! You didn't watch the video . . . they got x days off w/o pay and are back on the street to continue being thugs with badges.
But, but...there are good cops out there. The good guys will stop the very few bad apples.

1. Seems like the very few bad apples are more than just a few.
2. Where are the nice guys?

-Mike

It is a felony, unless kidnapping is a misdemeanor in Texas. Then add the aggravating factor of committing the act while armed - which I thought added an extra ten years.

We have a word that describes those who violate petty ordinances like littering and jaywalking. It's scofflaw. We have another to describe those who violate more serious laws like robbery, assault, murder, etc. It's criminal. I'm trying to think of the word that describes those who violate the highest law of the land, the very charter that lends them that authority to govern that they do posses - and which we do recognize, but I'm drawing a blank here.

I'm sure someone can help me out.

Not only would I want the monetary award, as part of my settlement or my compensation I would want the officers involved fired and banned from public service for life. Violation of one's civil rights should be a felony charge and conviction on their permanent records...

That's the heart of the problem. It's hard to respect the 99% of cops that are good when they protect the 1% of cops that are bad. If I help a criminal I got jail too.

Are you describing the 99% that - having sworn an oath to uphold the law - willfully "look the other way" at felonies or worse, actively conspire with others to obstruct justice as the good ones?

-Mike

I wish we could somehow get this in legislation. Hell, I'd even support it on a ballot question.

The only two people that should be "above the law" are people like Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris [sarcasm]

It is a felony, unless kidnapping is a misdemeanor in Texas. Then add the aggravating factor of committing the act while armed - which I thought added an extra ten years.

We have a word that describes those who violate petty ordinances like littering and jaywalking. It's scofflaw. We have another to describe those who violate more serious laws like robbery, assault, murder, etc. It's criminal. I'm trying to think of the word that describes those who violate the highest law of the land, the very charter that lends them that authority to govern that they do posses - and which we do recognize, but I'm drawing a blank here.

I'm sure someone can help me out.

Cop.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only would I want the monetary award, as part of my settlement or my compensation I would want the officers involved fired and banned from public service for life. Violation of one's civil rights should be a felony charge and conviction on their permanent records...

Thrown in dark hole until expiration. I'm serious.

Back
Top Bottom