CCW options in "Girl" colors?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Ok, I'm going to get flamed to shite for this question, but here it goes. I've slowly been turning my wife into a pro-gun gal and she's been coming around to getting a little more into it. So I sit down next to her last night and she's watching a YouTube video about CCW garments for girls. Corsets with carry pockets and pantaloons w/ inner thigh holster. I'm like "what the hell are you watching?" She says, watch this. The girl on the video then pulls out her CCW from one of the pockets and it has a powder puff blue frame and a white slide. My wife says "I want one of those"! [thinking]

So I couldn't figure out the maker of the small CCW the lady pulled out other then it was in 9mm. So here's the question. What gun manufacturer makes quality CCW guns that have "girl" colors to them? Oh and no insult intended to the ladies of NES. Not my thing, but if it gets my wife to shoot more I'm all for it. I think.......

Yup, contact Tim Gostling, G&N Gunsmithing in Wrentham. I'm sure that he can gen up any gun in any color that turns her on.

As to "what gun" my best advice is to let her try a bunch of guns and see what she likes and shoots best and then get it Cerakoted to her liking.

Yeah sccp makes some walther pk380 makes them. Ruger lc9s started coming out in colors. I don't mind black is boring after 50 guns. But in mass walther makes a pk380 baby blue and stainless. Also important to note they are excellent shooters instead of a micro 9 if that makes a difference to your wife

I'm pretty sure I know which one you are talking about. Another friend of mine sent me the link, thought I'd get a kick out of it. It's a custom Walter CCP (with "Tiffany blue frame"). She also uses a SIG P238 with Tiffany blue frame...

My wife said if I ever brought one of those home for her, she'd beat me to death with it.

But if it works for yours....go for it!

I won this on Gunbroker the other night:

pix086855821.jpg

Yup, contact Tim Gostling, G&N Gunsmithing in Wrentham. I'm sure that he can gen up any gun in any color that turns her on.

As to "what gun" my best advice is to let her try a bunch of guns and see what she likes and shoots best and then get it Cerakoted to her liking.

I second this. Too many people get suckered into fashion over fit and comfort in many other things as well. For something that you're going to bet your life on, that should be the last consideration.

​Ruger has the LC9S and SR22 in both black & raspberry ( Mass compliant ), if you lived in any other state the LC9S comes in about 10 different colors. This state really blows!

My wife said if I ever brought one of those home for her, she'd beat me to death with it.

But if it works for yours....go for it!

Anyone how knows my wife knows she's a "fashionista" in clothing, shoes, purses and jewelry. She's was also a personal assistant to a fashion designer, so she fits into that mold. So for her to even say she wants that gun is a major coup for me. That it's powder blue though is no big surprise. How her and I came together is still a big mystery!

I did find the gun in the video and it is a Walther CCP in 9mm. The frame is what they call Tiffany Blue and the slide seems to be a whitish stainless steel. Seems to have some good reviews, so I guess that's one good thing.

One of the selling points for Kel-Tec back when they introduced the P32 was the fact that you could swap out the frame to your favorite color of the day. The serialized part was the action block which sat inside the colored polymer frame and was held by 2 pins. While probably not a practical item to source now, taking care to find a nice fit, you could think ahead and provide something like custom grip panels or such in various colors so that she can accessorize as desired.

p32gripcolors.jpg

I plan to give my wife the G43 when she gets her license, cerakoted in whatever color she wants.

Unless she wants my g19.... then we may have to talk about colors :)

One of the selling points for Kel-Tec back when they introduced the P32 was the fact that you could swap out the frame to your favorite color of the day. The serialized part was the action block which sat inside the colored polymer frame and was held by 2 pins. While probably not a practical item to source now, taking care to find a nice fit, you could think ahead and provide something like custom grip panels or such in various colors so that she can accessorize as desired.

p32gripcolors.jpg
It sucks that Kel-tec's handguns are a PITA to get in MA. They're a lot of fun and the P32 is very, very compact and great for what it is. They have a huge following. The Kel-Tec owner's group has a ton of mods and how-tos listed on their forum. It's a lot of fun.

The raspberry LCPs and LC9s seem to be popular, as are the tiffany colored pistols that are out there. Personally, I don't care what color or design the gun is, I don't want to be shot with it. I'm pretty sure that a 9mm +P doesn't suddenly become wimpy because the gun it is fired out of is pink or blue.

Back
Top Bottom