CCW on vacation in NH

Help me out here. I'm taking the wife and kids and heading to Storyland in Glen, NH and Clark's Trading Post in Lincoln, NH. I'm a CCW permit holder and resident of NH. I've checked both web sites and haven't found anything that says there's a no weapon's policy enforced. I've also checked the hotel's site and nothing there either. Anyone have any info on this?

I did find this.....

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/56204-santas-village-nh.html

It's a shame nobody puts together a guide of CCW friendly businesses.

concealed means concealed, if they have metal detectors at the gate quietly walk back to your car and put the gun in the trunk.

concealed means concealed,
Yup, and remember, you'll be headed further north in NH, you're a lot safer up there from the "EEEK, it's a gun" crowd. Don't get made, and you're all set. If you do get made, let us know the result [wink]

...if they have metal detectors at the gate quietly walk back to your car and put the gun in the trunk.
I've never seen any of that, but it's been a couple years since I've been to Clarks' or Six Gun.

I just can't imagine tourist venues in NH hiring security guards and buying metal detectors, x-ray machines. I doubt that their guests would be happy and it would be a huge, unnecessary expense.

"Don't ask, don't tell!" is the best policy!

If you feel that you MUST ask permission from someone "in authority", I suggest that you only ask the Bear at Clark's Trading Post (assuming they still have one, I think that I was 12 or 13 the last time I was there, but have passed the place a few times since). I would NOT ask a human there however. [wink]

Go and enjoy yourself.

How are they going to know if you have a firearm if it is concealed and you carry properly? [wink] According to http://handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf signage is binding. In absence of signage, you should be good except for entering Court houses and going to State Wildlife Refuges (which means what it says, it doesn't prevent CCW in state parks or roadside rest areas). Naturally Federal laws about post offices etc. still hold.

Thanks guys.... We went to both places in 2008 and there weren't metal detectors or x-ray machines. I'm not too concerned over it...At the very least, I can pocket carry an LCP.

There are not metal detectors at either place that I can recall. Clark's does have bears though, but they are trained and in cages. They also have the famous Wolf Man who rants at you from the train ride then chases you in his jalopy. Clark's is actually pretty fun. :)

Conway area, I go there frequently... never to the kid attractions but the area in general isn't exactly moonbat heaven. We go during very off peak times to get deals at the outlets/hotels and restaurants... I actually see quite a bit of open carry up there.

One place we stayed at like 3 times before I realized the nightstands had a secret compartment that was perfect for a nightstand pistol... sorta like a hidden drawer thing.

The Conway Walmart is usually packed to the gills with ammo too ;)

How are they going to know if you have a firearm if it is concealed and you carry properly? [wink] According to http://handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf signage is binding. In absence of signage, you should be good except for entering Court houses and going to State Wildlife Refuges (which means what it says, it doesn't prevent CCW in state parks or roadside rest areas). Naturally Federal laws about post offices etc. still hold.

I believe they're mistaken.

If you ride the train at Clark's, resist the urge to draw on the vermin and you'll enjoy yourself.

I was just going up there my self. Except I dont have a NH carry permit, I do have one in mass. Could I open carry at those places (clarks, sixgun city). Or should I just slip it in a smart carry[grin].

I was just going up there my self. Except I dont have a NH carry permit, I do have one in mass. Could I open carry at those places (clarks, sixgun city). Or should I just slip it in a smart carry[grin].

Or carry concealed, just make sure there's no cartridges in the chamber and cylinder/magazine.

Just CC anyway... if anything happens and you get arrested we'll nullify. We can do that... and fairly recently we allowed defense attorneys to tell the jury we can do that.

[smile]

EDIT: Actually it looks like that doesn't take effect till Jan 1... but either way..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom