• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW on motorcycle

I was out for a few hours the other day, didn't want to wear my leather or Joe Rocket… I took a button front shirt, left it untucked, put my K40 in my regular OWB holster, tucked the front in my pocket, tucked the back in, wrapped the side up and under the holster, and away I went. I was slightly concerned (I'm 6'4", 300lbs, LONG hair, on a LOUD Harley) when I pulled up next to the Mass Statie at a light and he was on the same side as my gun. He looked over, scanned me head to toe, I nodded at him, the light changed, and I accelerated "in a controlled manner at a safe speed".

He either didn't see me printing, didn't care, or had better things to do. I said it in another thread recently, but if they (Cops OR sheep) can't actually SEE the gun, so the F what?

Gonna buy me that Voodoo case though, nowhere to strap a long gun on my ride...

I was working in Ohio a few weeks ago and we were passed by a rider OC'ing a full size HK. No one batted an eye except my co-workers from MA who couldn't believe what they were seeing! I had an ear to ear smile.

I know this was already briefly talked about, but it seemed mostly like joking around...

What is everyone's thoughts on strapping a rifle case to a sissy bar or luggage rack (in MA)? I was seriously considering doing it when I rode to range the other day, I ended up just bringing handguns though.
I can't see anything in the MGL that would make it illegal in any way, assuming its locked up and you don't leave it unattended.

I know this was already briefly talked about, but it seemed mostly like joking around...

What is everyone's thoughts on strapping a rifle case to a sissy bar or luggage rack (in MA)?

I see no problem with it, went to a match a few weeks ago and some of the people a the range didn't notice.

If you want the best 'hidden in plain sight" option just get a hard sided guitar case, or maybe a cello case if you have a Barrett. [grin]

I see no problem with it, went to a match a few weeks ago and some of the people a the range didn't notice.

If you want the best 'hidden in plain sight" option just get a hard sided guitar case, or maybe a cello case if you have a Barrett. [grin]

I did think of the guitar case idea, but I don't really want to buy a guitar case when I have a perfectly good rifle case...

Keep in mind that any long gun on your person on a public way in MA must be in a case. If it isn't on your person and isn't high capacity, you don't need a case. However, if you ever change from transport to storage, you need some kind of lock. High cap long arm needs a locked case - like a soft one with the zippers locked together with a luggage lock.

On my scoot, I put the AR in a case, but I just stick the Mosin in the rack with a Trigger Lock. I then wrap a cable lock through it all and the rack. I have no illusion it is 'secure', but locked up like that is legal - at least until some court rules otherwise. If I was heading east in MA, I might not have the Mosin out in the open, but heading west and north, I'm not too concerned.

As for pistols...

I was really tempted to just ride home from the Porsche shoot with the .500 in a holster (not concealed) as it is also perfectly legal. But I figured that would be pushing fate more than I needed. (^_^)

The .38 rides easily in any of several pockets.

I wish I had more detailed photos, but for the Porsche shoot, I packed the following:

.38 442 in pocket holster
.500 S&W Magnum
AR with both .50 Beowulf and .22 upper.
Mosin Nagant 91/30
800 rounds of various ammo (not including ammo I brought to trade for myself and Dwarven1)
Range bag (eyes, ears, mags, tools, etc)
rain gear
canopy
table
stool
water bottle in cooler
walking around shoes (riding boots are a bit stiff)
Wore my armored riding gear (as always) with shorts and tech shirt under
air horn
board to set center stand on
Also stopped at McD's and picked up breakfast to go.
And that does not include the gear I always carry like tools, tire repair kit, etc.

With all that stuff, my mileage did suffer. Only got 63mpg instead of my normal 70mpg. (^_^)

I am buying a left handed holster strictly for the fact that I need the right hand for the throttle, I want to be able to draw from the hip while riding if need be. I strongly recommend a good retention holster in the rare case of going down on the bike. You don't want to lose a gun.

I am buying a left handed holster strictly for the fact that I need the right hand for the throttle, I want to be able to draw from the hip while riding if need be. I strongly recommend a good retention holster in the rare case of going down on the bike. You don't want to lose a gun.

Good points, IMO the biggest threat potential would be stopped at a light or somehow boxed in. In this case, the lef hand would be on the clutch.

On my scoot, I put the AR in a case, but I just stick the Mosin in the rack with a Trigger Lock. I then wrap a cable lock through it all and the rack.

I've got to see that...

I wish I had more detailed photos, but for the Porsche shoot, I packed the following:

.500 S&W Magnum
Mosin Nagant 91/30
800 rounds of various ammo (not including ammo I brought to trade for myself and Dwarven1)
rain gear
canopy
table
stool
water bottle in cooler
air horn
And that does not include the gear I always carry like tools, tire repair kit, etc.

I wish you had ANY pictures!!! I'm sorry I missed seeing that.

View attachment 18787

.500 S&W Magnum
Mosin Nagant 91/30
rain gear
canopy
table
stool
water bottle in cooler
air horn

With all that stuff, my mileage did suffer. Only got 63mpg instead of my normal 70mpg. (^_^)
I like it!

I see no problem with it, went to a match a few weeks ago and some of the people at the range didn't notice.If you want the best 'hidden in plain sight" option just get a hard sided guitar case, or maybe a cello case if you have a Barrett. [grin]

It's the jackasses on the road I'd be worried about. Post #34 says it all.

Unless you're wearing a full face helmet that is Snell 2005 (or better), the gun would be the last thing to worry about.

I used to LOVE riding in AZ… OC with an XD45 on my right hip, cruising in the left lane… Watch these dipshits come steaming up behind me, realize what was on my hip, slow waaaaay down, and ever so slowly and politely commence to signal and pass on the right, eyes STRAIGHT ahead:)

I used to LOVE riding in AZ… OC with an XD45 on my right hip, cruising in the left lane… Watch these dipshits come steaming up behind me, realize what was on my hip, slow waaaaay down, and ever so slowly and politely commence to signal and pass on the right, eyes STRAIGHT ahead:)

[rofl2]

I wish you had ANY pictures!!! I'm sorry I missed seeing that.

Dwarven1, Here are the only ones I could find....

a6898863-991e-e6f7.jpg
a6898863-93fc-170b.jpg

DSCF1597.jpg

Attachments

• a6898863-991e-e6f7.jpg
    a6898863-991e-e6f7.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
  • a6898863-93fc-170b.jpg
    a6898863-93fc-170b.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom