• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW on motorcycle

I was wandering myself for times when I want to bring a rifle to the range and don't want to drive my cage. I figure, I can get an aluminum case and bolt it to my bike.

Well, 1) he wears BMW kevlar riding pants, not chaps. 2) that's built to hold his AR-15 (.223 or .50 Beowulf, depending on which upper is on it), not an AK. 3) He's on the board of directors for GOAL, and he's been teaching the Home Firearms Safety course at Riverside for about 10-15 years.

I guess he's not a "typical" scooter owner. [devil]

Well, 1) he wears BMW kevlar riding pants, not chaps. 2) that's built to hold his AR-15 (.223 or .50 Beowulf, depending on which upper is on it), not an AK. 3) He's on the board of directors for GOAL, and he's been teaching the Home Firearms Safety course at Riverside for about 10-15 years.

I guess he's not a "typical" scooter owner. [devil]

Carry on a cycle.

Here is how I do it.
100_3047s.jpg

Right bag with 12 Ga. SxS.
100_3056s.jpg

Left bag with NES AR-15.
100_3055s.jpg

I didn't care for that vest. One thing I found about most of the vests I purchased online was the holsters were inside the liner and/or sewn at the mouth. This caused an uncomfortable sag and a visible distortion.

The vests at US Leather are better made, and the holsters are supported 360 degrees. I carry full sized pistols with no sag or discomfort.

I've also heard Biker's Outfitters in Revere will make one to your instruction for not much more.

IWB for me with a lloose t-shirt...I never worry about showing or printing.

In a small pelican pistol case inside of my tank bag. IWB on the hip isn't comfortable for me and IWB in the middle of my back tends to get exposed when the coat rides up at highway speeds. May be a bit more comfortable on a cruiser but I haven't found anything that works other than a case for the sportbike.

Fitz

I was wandering myself for times when I want to bring a rifle to the range and don't want to drive my cage. I figure, I can get an aluminum case and bolt it to my bike.

Boris, Just get yourself a Ural with a sidecar and gun mount. Best Russian knock-off ever of the precious BMW's.

Boris, Just get yourself a Ural with a sidecar and gun mount. Best Russian knock-off ever of the precious BMW's.

knock-off ??? That's a genuine BMW ... albeit pre-war ... why change something that works? I'd love to get one of them, they used to be priced just above scrap metal, like SKS used to be around $100, not anymore. In the old country, most are still on the road, hauling sacks of potatoes.

Those BMW GS bikes are ARs of the bike world, a gun rack is something that I haven't seen yet.

I ride with an OWB holster under a shirt and my Joe Rocket mesh jacket. In the summer I remove the liner and just ride wearing the mesh part. I've never had any problems printing or showing.

I usually throw this...

Gemini Customs SP101
IMG_0434.jpg

Inside my leather riding jacket, the inside pocket of said jacket is zippered and the SP101 fits perfect. When riding with this CCW, the jacket never comes off... and I really mean NEVER.

When I do see the possibility of the jacket coming off, I will switch over to the LCP in a Nemisis pocket holster.

I'll usually pocket a Kel-Tek P-11 in a cargo pants pocket or drop it in the windshield bag. My leather jacket has inside and outside slash chest pockets with zippers that'll hold my 6906 or 65. I don't like IWB holsters on a bike. I don't trust the retention while riding.

I usually have 3 or 4 knives tucked away on me on the bike when I leave MA.

The vest has a nice pocket that fits the gun well and I can get to it pretty quick. And if I'll be off the bike for a while and want to take the vest off I transfer to the IWB that I'll also wear.
I don't really trust the IWB when I'm riding either.

Depends on the jacket. My Stich' has a velcro holster in the chest pocket. Otherwise its LCR in the boot or aiwb.

For long guns I'm working on this:
gunrackbike.jpg
[/IMG]

Fits an AK and Mossberg 500

Back
Top Bottom