CCW OK on MBTA

Ruggles is flanked by Northeastern Univ. All of the buildings around there are NEU. Not sure if Harmar works there but you'll have to be carful to stay on the public zone and not accidently go into the school buildings

Yep. I work at the University so I am just another victim waiting to happen. I've heard shots fired in the area as I was walking to my car parked on Columbus ave.

That was horrible [rofl]

I don't think the major issue was that a "black" person was accused, the issue was how everybody responded to it. People know in general that murders occur in Roxbury/Dorchester/Mattapan. That is what high crime area mean. The issue was when a Black person is killed in that neighborhood, it isn't national news. When Carol was killed, it was national news. Boston Police felt it was their duty to catch the criminal (Which I applaud) why isn't that way all the time? That is what the murder brought to the nation, that is the stain we endure even now being

However, There is a huge attitude carried by many people in Boston. People from the suburbs just do not understand it. Quite frankly, the attitude is not justified. Just because someone does something in Boston does not automatically determine that the same thing would happen in Randolph.

I've seen where people from both sides of this "racial issue" have gone crazy. Quite frankly, I could not care about it and I don't lend it credence.

The Boston show that they had on a few years ago, just showed how inept Boston is.

More gun violence happens in Chinatown and ruggles, etc than "murderpan." They talked heavily about murderpan and featured cops with attitude from the station. The show highlighted a detective that can not catch the right man and acts in a horrendous fashion. The guy was brutal on TV! They even caught him the other year stealing sunglasses.

The guy is still on the force and everyone voted in Menino AGAIN!

A few years ago in college, I had an internship with the Boston Police. I worked all over, but mostly in B-2; which is Roxbury and Mission Hill. I was worried about parking at the B-2 station, so the 1st day I took the T. I live outside Boston but I am no stranger to the T. So I figured ok no problem(I even asked the Commish' at the time(O'Toole)if Ruggles Station was safe, and she said that yeah it's fine and alot of kids from NEU use it all the time(this may have been true when the sun was shinning))
anyway
So when I told the cops I was working with that night that I took the T in they both looked at me like I needed my head examined.

Cop 1: Are F***ing kidding me?
Cop 2: Man, we don't even go in there, and we have guns!
Cop 1: All sorts of s**t goes down in there

So anyway, we pull into Ruggles that night, so here is the cop car with 3 white dudes in it, with a group of mostly blacks at the bus platform.
Cop 1: Yeah just bring your vehicle and park at the station from now on.
Cop 2: OK...now open the door and RUN!

They were joking of course, but at the same time they kind of weren't.
They were all nice guys and were actually the ones who convinced me to get my firearms license.
Whenever people ask me if the T is safe I tell them that story. I generally feel fine riding the T. I do make it a point to avoid some of those "trouble spots" though.

Back
Top Bottom